Olympic Coverage In MPEG2?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Check the uplink report. ;)

Scott, is this what you are talking about from the uplink report?

9426 UNIHD ADDED TO Tp 25 on EchoStar 6 at 110w

Well the UNHD is not on my guide, tryed refreshing and still nothing, what gives Scott, thought they were going to turn things on today, hope their not gitting cold feet, let us know!!:confused:

You wont see it untill later today (or possibly even tommorow) because the Opening ceremony is not until tonight.

What I want to know if where is the second HD channel that was talked about at CES, on the Charlie Chat, and which has also been talked about between me and the Dish PR department.

Well according to the schedule for today UHD is supposed to have Olympic Programming at 6pm ET tonight. It's just a 1-hour program, but I was hoping it would be up by then.

Regardless, USA Network is showing the same program at 6pm ET, just not in HD.

Weezknight said:
Well according to the schedule for today UHD is supposed to have Olympic Programming at 6pm ET tonight. It's just a 1-hour program, but I was hoping it would be up by then.

Regardless, USA Network is showing the same program at 6pm ET, just not in HD.
That show looks like an Olympic ice skating tutorial. The first real competition I saw on UHD was womens' ice hockey on Saturday morning.

Friday, February 10
6:00 PM (ET) 2006 TORINO WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES - OLYMPIC ICE 101

Saturday, February 11
7:00 AM (ET) SPORTS
2006 TORINO WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES: ICE HOCKEY - WOMEN, FIN V. GER, SWE V. RUS

Drone35 said:
ok, Thanks Scott, thought Dish may have done it to us again,whew!!!

Don't exhale yet.... untill you actually see it. The fat lady may sing but she might only be in SD.:mad:

no you wont get the opening ceremony. Anything on NBC will require you to have your own NBC

Let's see: Meet all FCC requirements; Have NBC distant waiver; Have MPEG4 receiver; Receive 61.5/110/119/129; Subscribe to Platinum HD with locals; Pay extra for NBC distants; Don't have NBC HD! Okay, understand--NOT.

Last edited:
and neither does Dish. the fcc allows analog distants to receive digital distants, but dish's stance remains that they cant...

BFG said:
no you wont get the opening ceremony. Anything on NBC will require you to have your own NBC

If this is the case then I am betting channel 9426 will not be in the guide until after the opening ceremonies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)