Olympic Coverage In MPEG2?

gdarwin said:
9426 just showed up on my 942
On my 811 also.

Also got an email from Heather Black at echostar saying:

12:54 pm (42 minutes ago)

Yes it will be a mirror of the NBC affiliate starting tonight on channel 9427. Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

-Heather

UNIHD pretty much sucks for Olympic coverage. From what I can see Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey,....

and then next week.... Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey,....

And I get no NBC HD so no skiing, skating (other than hockey), bobsled, luge, snowboarding. Nothing... but... Hockey.

PS. I hate hockey.

MacKenzieIII said:
On my 811 also.

Also got an email from Heather Black at echostar saying:

12:54 pm (42 minutes ago)

Yes it will be a mirror of the NBC affiliate starting tonight on channel 9427. Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

-Heather

Should email her back and ask why we are not getting Olympics coverage in HD!

NOHDjunkie said:
UNIHD pretty much sucks for Olympic coverage. From what I can see Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey,....

and then next week.... Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey, Hockey,....

And I get no NBC HD so no skiing, skating (other than hockey), bobsled, luge, snowboarding. Nothing... but... Hockey.

PS. I hate hockey.

Well, I don't like Hockey, neither. So, I will stay with rest of the NBC channels to watch the Olympic Games.:cool:

josem3 said:
Wait, Universal HD shows some Olympic Ice programming during the week. I don't know exactly what is it but is not Hockey(I think so!).:eek:

a one hour daily report about figure skating "behind the scenes".

Olympic Ice
5:00 PM, 1 hr
Sat 02/11/2006
UHD 9419

A daily behind-the-scenes look at figure skating at the Winter Games in Torino, Italy. Host Mary Carillo is joined by Dick Button and 2002 gold medalists Jamie Sale and David Pelletier. Reporters also include Tom Hammond, Scott Hamilton, Sandra Bezic

Olympic Ice
5:00 PM, 1 hr
Sun 02/12/2006
UHD 9419

A daily behind-the-scenes look at figure skating at the Winter Games in Torino, Italy. Host Mary Carillo is joined by Dick Button and 2002 gold medalists Jamie Sale and David Pelletier. Reporters also include Tom Hammond, Scott Hamilton, Sandra Bezic

Scott Greczkowski said:
<snip>.....The transponder they are going to use for the special Olympics HD channels and Special Universal HD MPEG2 feed are currently being used for Sundays SuperBowl.

Don't call Dish about not having these channels, they will be there in time for the Olympics. :)

Well they missed the first 4 hours of opening cerimonies. Is that "special olympics HD channel" starting today (Saturday)?

BFG said:
universal HD is not going to be made to everyone and never was, someone at dish gave scott bad intelligence on that.

this olympic highlight/replay channel if it ever gets added will be made available to everyone though

Well apparently Scott's intell wasn't that bad for UNHD but it doesn't look like it's going to be worth much in terms of coverage and If that's the "Olympics in HD for ALL HD subs" that Chuck promised, it looks like he's done it again.:mad:

Well. Dish can go ahead and take back their Universal HD channel for "MPEG4", (wink, wink). I have no interest in that much hockey. And, Oh... I HATE NBC!!!!

Stacy A said:
Well. Dish can go ahead and take back their Universal HD channel for "MPEG4", (wink, wink). I have no interest in that much hockey. And, Oh... I HATE NBC!!!!

The "so-called" Olympic HD channel Dish promised is nothing more than what's on Universal HD, which is nothing but skating - and even that's slim.

MacKenzieIII said:
See I don't buy that, DISH was able to get an Mpeg2 broadcast of the Superbowl on ABC. If they wanted to I am sure they could have done the same thing for the Olympics.

Dish shouldn't have promised it if they didn't have the contract. It was all touted on the same Charlie Chat discussing the new HD channel launch and MPEG4 receiver upgrade. I believe "things" have been embellished by Dish delibertly to enhance the promos and lure new customers.

It's not the first time and probably won't be the last. You new subs may as well learn that now.

I posted this in another thread:

this preview of UHD would be very exciting for me if the channel didn't have horrendous bitrate, it is 1920x1080i but I have got a few bitrate readings of 10.50 Mbps which is just nasty, the channel looks like total sh*t

this is channel 9426 from my 6000 receiver BTW

-Gary

which is weird since it's the only thing on TP25.

I doubt Dish has any reason to compress it further than how they get it, so maybe that's how it gets sent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts