Olympic HD VOD

danknapp76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Head's up...in addition to the HD DishOnline that showed up last week, we now have several free HD options in the main TV entertainment section of Dish on Demand.

Enjoy!

Yep. On my 622 this morning when I was " Turbo Charged" last night. Really good pq!!!

Over the weekend I had downloaded the Opening Ceremony in HD, on my 622. I had missed some of it the night it aired, due to being on a plane. The first download was weird, it never said it finished or had an error, just was missing. I downloaded again and was able to watch.

Nice PQ for sure, I didn't get to check the audio through my receiver. If I'm remembering right, I thought I saw at least one other program in TV Entertainment that was HD, but not Olympics coverage -- but I could be mistaken as I was doped up on pain killers all weekend. :)

Over the weekend I had downloaded the Opening Ceremony in HD, on my 622. I had missed some of it the night it aired, due to being on a plane. The first download was weird, it never said it finished or had an error, just was missing. I downloaded again and was able to watch.

Nice PQ for sure, I didn't get to check the audio through my receiver. If I'm remembering right, I thought I saw at least one other program in TV Entertainment that was HD, but not Olympics coverage -- but I could be mistaken as I was doped up on pain killers all weekend. :)

In this case, I'm actually talking about the "TV Entertainment" VOD that does not need to be downloaded...not dishOnline.

In the case of dishOnline...I'm loving the free content, but have only had limited success in downloaded the HD free content...several downloads simply haven't worked...

It took around 10 hours to download the opening ceremony (hd) on my 622. The part I watched was very good quality.

By the way, I have continually been one to berate Dish on the uselessness of their VOD offerings. Now that there is free stuff available, it becomes less useless. I give them credit for that.

It took around 10 hours to download the opening ceremony (hd) on my 622. The part I watched was very good quality.

By the way, I have continually been one to berate Dish on the uselessness of their VOD offerings. Now that there is free stuff available, it becomes less useless. I give them credit for that.

Did it have commercials? Can it be transferred to external hard drive?

What kind of connection do you use for your Dish Online? 2 homeplugs? Straight ethernet cable? 1 homeplug? I'm curious if anybody can get the HD on the 622 with just one homeplug at the router and use the electric lines?

I'm using a direct ethernet connection on a 1.5Mbps DSL.

Didn't notice if it had commercials.

it doesn't appear in the normal DVR events so I see no way to save it. It also expires in another week or so.

I downloaded the same over my DSL, and it took around 4.5 hours... I recently ran PowerLine (Linksys) between my main router and my AV cabinet, and now have an ethernet switch in my AV cabinet.

I too have been downloading some of the Free TV Dishonline including some Olympics in HD.

Anyone now what speed nic the ViP622 uses. The download seem much to slow considering my fairly fast Internet connection (20Mbps). Perhaps its the way they download it since most Nic support at least 10Mbps. Seeing rates reported as 1.2-2 Mb/s. I have been able to download some HD to a PS3, and view it as it downloads over a wireless connection. I have a wired connection to the ViP622 that is connected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)