Olympics on FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TayHuck

Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
I just got an FTA receiver cause I'm going to try to get some Russian Programming on it. But I was curious if anybody knows if there is a satellite that will have the olympics broadcast over FTA. I saw AMC4 at 101 has NBC FTA on TP8, according to lyngsat. I used to have direcTV a few years ago and I know it was pointing to 101. Any thoughts, or anybody else know of any other locations that will be broadcasting the olympics over FTA? I'd just like to know since I won't be signing up for VOOM for a month or so yet.

Thanks,
--TayHuck

The DirecTV Dish and LNB will not work for AMC4 at 101W You would need at least a 30" dish and a standard Ku band LNB, plenty of time to get one set up : ) Good luck.

Thanks for the info, but I've been doing a lot of research, and so I was prepared. I bought this package:
http://www.multilnbdish.com/T90P-CN.htm

Its a WaveFrontier T90 (30"+) (which can hold up to 16 LNBfs)
and I also got 4 Linear (standard) LNBfs, so I should be good to go there. Anybody currently getting FTA stations that will allow for the Olympics? I'll be trying to snag AMC4 this weekend. Will update y'all.

Thanks,
--TayHuck

I even got myself a BirdDog ;) PSB Knows what I'm talking about.

I know the Birdog, another great product of the UK : )

That is some dish! I still prefer a motorized dish but your dish will work for lots of satellites at the same time......cool! Wish you lived round about here I would love to see one of those in action.

TayHuck said:
Thanks for the info, but I've been doing a lot of research, and so I was prepared. I bought this package:
http://www.multilnbdish.com/T90P-CN.htm

Its a WaveFrontier T90 (30"+) (which can hold up to 16 LNBfs)
and I also got 4 Linear (standard) LNBfs, so I should be good to go there.

Have you tried the standard LNBs with the dish yet?

Tayhuck, are you from Salt Lake by any chance?

I am from Salt Lake by chance, do we know each other? And no, I haven't tried the standard LNBs yet. I'm going to install some this weekend it looks like.

And yes, its been a fun project setting up this dish. If I owned myself a home, I'd think about a motorized solution, but for now, this works pretty sweet.

Thanks for the responses.
--TayHuck

Have fun this weekend and please let us know how it all works out for you, it is a beautiful dish!

There might be some olympics stuff that you might get with a smart search receiver (I'm hoping there is) :)

Contractual restrictions limit what some of the foreign channels can beam to the US, but that does not mean there may not be something out there. You might check out IA5 (old T5) at 97w.
And if you are looking for something from NBC on the olympics, I think most of what NBC does in the way of backhauls is in 4:2:2 so you would need a pc card to run the signal through your computer (unless you have a few extra thousand sitting around for a receiver). Plus since this is coming from Europa, the backhuals will be on the Atlantic birds which are hard to view from most US locations.

I gave up on the olympics a long time ago when they started having more "Up close and Personal" (or whatever NBC calls their version) garbage than the actual events. So it would be nice to get the actual events without that junk.

Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)