Omitting Zeros When Inputting Channel With Moto DCT6412

morepar2u

Original poster
May 2, 2004
Hi,
When I first received my DCT6412 I was able to set it up to omit the leading zeros required when entering a channel. For example, to input channel 8 I had to input 008. I have forgotten what I did to change it so that it will accept the 8 by itself and tune to the station. It is working fine that way but a relative of mine just got the same box and I am trying to figure out how to get hers setup the same as mine. I also need to make notes in case mine defaults back!

I couldn't find anything in the hacks nor could I find anything in the setup. It seems that this was an easy fix initially - Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

From the remote: Menu, Menu, Setup, Guide Setup, Channel Entry Behavior to Auto Tune
THANKS! I too had been looking for this information. I had emailed Comcast, who replied with an email that I should go to their website or call them if I still needed any assistance. However, your very helpful one line solution is all that is needed. Too bad Comcast was unable to provide a simple answer to my question.

I always wondered why people like that function. Aside from the fact that I almost never watch anything below ch 100 I also hate if my leg bumps a button on the remote and then the channel changes to channel 8 or something. Also my daughter has a knack for hitting the remote as well. I guess that's why they make vanilla and chocolate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)