? on contract.

qcjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Ohio
Hello all. I post in the DTV forums, but I had to come over here and ask a question. My mother in law just ordered dish and I was shocked when she told me what she was told. The sales guy told her it was a one year contract and that you could change your package any time you wanted to with out any kind of penalty. I looked at the site and all I see is a two year contract. I questioned her again, but didnt want to force the issue and make her feel dumb. She was also told she could record up to six shows at once. I told her that its only if your using the prime time ondemand. Thanks for any help you can give me.

With Prime Time Any Time active, you can record 6 programs at once. PTAT records the 4 networks on 1 tuner during prime time leaving the other 2 tuners for other programs. If you add the ota module to the Hopper, you can record an additional ota broadcast. You can always upscale your package at no cost.

She may have confused the length of the contract (which as you thought is 2 years) with the promo pricing, which is for the first year. You can record 6 programs at once by using PTAT with the big four networks being recorded on one tuner (it is not on demand as you have in your post).

Thanks for the help guys. So can she go down in package like she was told?

Last edited:
She can go down in package at any time, anywhere down to the minimum contractual level of programming, which I believe is AT120 (or maybe one of the Latino plans).

There is a downgrade fee charged if you go down before 30 days since the previous package change. I do believe the fee is waived for new customers for the first 60 days (someone will correct me if I am wrong on this point). If the change is after 30 days, there is no fee charged.

Thanks. At least the guy was half right. Ill let her know. If I would have known you could do that I may have went with Dish before I went with DTV. I dont think you can do that with DTV. Thanks again guys.