ON-DEMAND and FEAR-NET

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kil

Original poster
May 31, 2006
Thinking of jumping from cable to Sat. (probably D* at this point) and have only one sticking point. Other half uses On-Demand Movies and watches Fear-Net fairly frequently. From what I could gather, there is On-Demand for satellite (you just have to download it to the DVR from your phone line?) but does anyone know if they any type of programming to subsitute for the Fear-Net. Have checked the line-ups I could find and did not see anything labeled as such but really don't know the in's and out's of D* right now. Thanks for any info or leads.

(Hope this is the right forum section. Still getting a little lost in here. If not, please push me in the right direction)

OK what is Fear-Net???

Thinking of jumping from cable to Sat. (probably D* at this point) and have only one sticking point. Other half uses On-Demand Movies and watches Fear-Net fairly frequently. From what I could gather, there is On-Demand for satellite (you just have to download it to the DVR from your phone line?) but does anyone know if they any type of programming to subsitute for the Fear-Net. Have checked the line-ups I could find and did not see anything labeled as such but really don't know the in's and out's of D* right now. Thanks for any info or leads.

(Hope this is the right forum section. Still getting a little lost in here. If not, please push me in the right direction)

Chiller

Chiller. Perfect. Thanks for the tip. I can sell her on the switch alot easier.

From what I could gather, there is On-Demand for satellite (you just have to download it to the DVR from your phone line?)

Don't quote me, but i'm not sure you're able to have On-Demand from D*TV with a phone line...and even if you could, downloading shows through a phone line would be horribly slow, you wouldn't want to do it. I know you can have On-Demand with an internet connection with an HR-20 HD-DVR (and sorry, not sure about any of the other receivers).

Not a huge help , but just thought I'd point that out.

Either way, D*TV will only get better and they are pretty great now...i'd make the switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Definitive List of HSPs

Networking H21 and HR21

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts