On Demand and NEW Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
I am about to be a former Dishnetwork Customer as I have been offerred a great deal from Directv to come back.But I have a couple questions about Directvs service.First of all is the ON Demand feature(internet connected)through Directv ,instant streaming(you can watch immediately)or do you have to wait to download shows like Dishnetwork(I hope not).And from Customers experience how is this service.
Also if I change from Dish to Direct will Directv take down Dish and put their Dish up on the existing Arm Bracket(Landlord required).I am willing to offer a 20.00 tip to installer.
When they arrive for install can I refuse service if Directv wont install the way I want it.How would you go about discussing with installer before install.
Any help or advice will be appreciated ..

On Demand is not instantaneous. The you can start watching once enough of the show has been downloaded. Of course, this depends on your connection speed.

Most likely the DirecTV dish will not be mounted on the same bracket as your dish network dish. Depending on your line of sight, they might be able to use the same location, but with a different mount (it's a little larger to hold the larger dish). How anal is your landlord about this?

can't say anything about dish but with directv , you will be sorry!! my 2 cents!

Riiiight, which is why Directv is kicking the piss out of Dish. They must be doing something right to build and retain so many subscribers.

Anyways OP, I don't watch much VOD but generally how I remember it you select what you want and it queues up for download. You can watch it while it is in progress so depending on how fast your connection is you should be able to start watching after a few minutes of letting it buffer. If you have a crappy ISP or slower internet then it will need more time to buffer or you will have to pause it and let it catch up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts