On Demand and rentals won't hop

Centex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2006
Waco, TX
Last night i discovered an issue with my Hopper system. I don't know if this is a known bug or not. I have a 2H/3J system. I rented a PPV movie on Hopper B. I could access from the joeys, but not Hopper A. I know that you can switch between hoppers to access the other hopper's recordings, but apparently this does not apply to all content. I also noticed that several HBO On Demand shows that I had downloaded on Hopper A do not show up on Hopper B. I thought part of integration meant that you could watch anything from anywhere.

If I am doing something wrong, please let me know how to fix it. If not, Dish should work to solve this problem. TIA for your help!

integration isn't at that level yet. I think it's just DVR recordings and PTAT so far.

Its a known bug and we are working on a fix

Thanks

Vivek
DISH

Last night i discovered an issue with my Hopper system. I don't know if this is a known bug or not. I have a 2H/3J system. I rented a PPV movie on Hopper B. I could access from the joeys, but not Hopper A. I know that you can switch between hoppers to access the other hopper's recordings, but apparently this does not apply to all content. I also noticed that several HBO On Demand shows that I had downloaded on Hopper A do not show up on Hopper B. I thought part of integration meant that you could watch anything from anywhere.

If I am doing something wrong, please let me know how to fix it. If not, Dish should work to solve this problem. TIA for your help!

I use this option in case I need the ppv on two different tv's. You do the purchase through mydish.com and you can set it to record on both Hoppers. If you plan on watching it more than once and it has the 24 hour to watch once you start, it gives you another copy for later viewing.

Centex, I must be hallucinating.. I could have sworn this worked about two weeks ago for me, but I just tried it again, and it sure does not work! Sorry about that!

I was able to do this as well a couple of weeks ago but over this past weekend my wife wanted me to record Treme season one. I downloaded the shows on the main Hopper and we watched several hours on that Hopper. My wife decided to go to bed and watch more Treme on the second Hopper in the bedroom and when she tried to pull up the rental icon to view, it wasn't even in the playlist. I tried resetting the Hopper because in the past this was what fixed this issue and the issue continued. I'm pretty sure this Hopper was on s221 software when trying to view rentals on both occasions as a matter of fact both Hoppers were on S221. I'm not sure what changed but something appears to have changed. One thing I'm sure of is that my wife was extremely torqued because she could not watch Treme in the bedroom.

I was able to do this as well a couple of weeks ago but over this past weekend my wife wanted me to record Treme season one. I downloaded the shows on the main Hopper and we watched several hours on that Hopper. My wife decided to go to bed and watch more Treme on the second Hopper in the bedroom and when she tried to pull up the rental icon to view, it wasn't even in the playlist. I tried resetting the Hopper because in the past this was what fixed this issue and the issue continued. I'm pretty sure this Hopper was on s221 software when trying to view rentals on both occasions as a matter of fact both Hoppers were on S221. I'm not sure what changed but something appears to have changed. One thing I'm sure of is that my wife was extremely torqued because she could not watch Treme in the bedroom.

Couldn't you just started downloadingTreme in the bedroom at that point? Doesn't address the problem, but should untorque the wife!

If you have the Internet installed to one of the Hoppers and have bridging enabled on that Hopper, you should be able to download VOD material on both Hoppers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts