"On Demand" feature kills my internet connection with 2-HR24's and MRV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BSparks294

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
I have two HR24's with the MVR whole house connection. Recently the Direct TV system is causing my internet connections through my router to fail. When the "On Demand" feature is connected to the router the whole internet connection fails.

If I unplug the "On Demand" cable from the router, everything works fine. It worked fine for about three weeks, but not now. I called DTV support and all they could tell me is that the techs are not trained on individual home systems and I would not be getting one out for a housecall and to call the "Geeksquad." I almost laughed out loud.

That experience left a bad taste in my mouth, having only had DTV for three weeks. We went through all the troubleshooting, resetting the system, defaults, unplugging, checking connections, etc. Nothing seemed to help.

So now I have DTV with no "on demand" features.

We do have VOIP phone with Ooma and that works fine, but because of that we cannot use the caller ID feature of the HR24.

Something is wrong--but we are not getting any answers. The whole system worked great for three weeks. We do have a 4-7 mbs dsl connection which should be fine for the DTV.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brad

Either its not connected correctly (you need to provide us a diagram of all the connections; network and DirecTV)

or you are experiencing IP / network issues because of how your home network is configured. But we need many more details.

Your DSL speed makes no difference. What is an "On Demand Cable"? I see all the self-troubleshooting with the SAT setup but what have you done in regards to the network?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)