On Demand Shows Seems messed up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JusJim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
My wife and I are new Directv customers and we were really looking forward to the on demand feature, but so far we're just not impressed. I'm just wondering if this is the norm, or if there might be a problem with our equipment or internet (download).

First problem, we were watching an episode of "Who do you think you are". About 5 times during the show it would appear to freeze up for about 3 seconds, and then start back up. This seemed like it might be where the original broadcast had went to a commercial break. Not really that big of a deal, but it was certainly not a very seamless transition.

Second, watched an HBO movie that should not have had any commercials in it, but we still had the problem with the random freezing.

Third, watching an episode of Hardcore Pawn, and it did the same thing with the random freezing for a few seconds at a time. Then at the end it cut off at least a couple of minutes of the show.

Fourth, another episode of Hardcore Pawn, and again the random freezing. This one also appears that it was "cut up" and put back together wrong. It would show a minute or so of part of the show, and then freeze, and when it came back it would be showing a different part of the show. Then freeze, and then another part of the show. An example, they would be dealing with a customer, and normally that entire "scene" would show completely, but in the on demand version it was cut up into about 3 or 4 different parts and showed at various times throughout the replay.

OH, and just to clarify, these are all shows that are fully downloaded, so it's not a buffering issue.

Did they hook you up to the Internet wireless or hard wire because I was having the same issue with the wireless connection once they switched it out no problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)