On demand, subscribe to what?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
Hi, I have the Hopper with Sling. Often times it has happened that I'll have an idea of something that I want to watch and then search for it by name. It will show up in the results list with the designation "HD Free" but when I go to watch it, instead of a watch button, it has a subscribe button. When I click on subscribe, it pops up a message to check dishnetwork.com/mychannels to make sure I have the channel or to reset my receiver.

I don't see anywhere on the screen that tells me which channel has the on demand show. I've thought several times that I'd be willing to subscribe to the channel in order to get access to the on demand show but I have no idea which premium channel it might be.

This has happened a few times, most recently I searched for the movie Fargo and got into this loop of "HD Free" with a subscribe button but no indication of which channel to subscribe to in order to change "subscribe" into "watch now". I have HBO and Showtime so it must be some other premium.

I wish Dish would tell me what channel to subscribe to. They are missing revenue by not making it clear when I'm ready for an impulse buy.

Hi, I have the Hopper with Sling. Often times it has happened that I'll have an idea of something that I want to watch and then search for it by name. It will show up in the results list with the designation "HD Free" but when I go to watch it, instead of a watch button, it has a subscribe button. When I click on subscribe, it pops up a message to check dishnetwork.com/mychannels to make sure I have the channel or to reset my receiver.

I don't see anywhere on the screen that tells me which channel has the on demand show. I've thought several times that I'd be willing to subscribe to the channel in order to get access to the on demand show but I have no idea which premium channel it might be.

This has happened a few times, most recently I searched for the movie Fargo and got into this loop of "HD Free" with a subscribe button but no indication of which channel to subscribe to in order to change "subscribe" into "watch now". I have HBO and Showtime so it must be some other premium.

I wish Dish would tell me what channel to subscribe to. They are missing revenue by not making it clear when I'm ready for an impulse buy.

This is a known issue, and is listed in the known issues report that engineering at Dish is working with. If you call in on it, hopefully you'll get a good agent. Let them know to check the Known Issues (receiver) and it is the second or third one down from the top. It says something like "Free VOD content showing up as pay VOD content" or something like that. (I'm not at work to read it from the screen). There's also a similar issue with Blockbuster at Home content on the Hopper system.

Reactions: Tampa8
When subscribe shows up, it is usually a premium channel. If you could search the package channel guide with the name of the program/movie, you should be able to figure out which package it is. It could be very hard to find sometimes, the software should be updated to make it easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)