ON Demand to PC Problem

videonex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
Los Angeles
I have never been able to get any movies in the web based on demand library that are sourced by Epix to play. At least not at home. Other suppliers movies play fine, such as Starz and Encore. I was on a trip recently and tried from the home I was staying at using my host's laptop and local internet connection and logged in as usual. Voila! Even Epix material played. But now at home still nada. Major diff there, Windows 7 vs Windows XP here.

Some extra info. When I select the movie the player opens as usual and the still frame sample of the movie loads up normally with the big play arrow in the middle of the screen. Click the arrow and player goes into "Loading" and does nothing else until it times out maybe 5 minutes or so later. Again, this is only on movies being supplied by Epix, but since Epix appears to be the supplier of the greater majority of all of the movies from Dish On Demand for the PC this is a major issue. Any ideas? Speeds, pings and other network issues are fine.

Have you tried with a different browser like Firefox? It maybe the Windows XP is missing a component to be able to stream correctly. Please let me know. Thank you!

Firefox, IE and Chrome. Same results on all. Important to remember, all works fine except EPIX. When it worked at alternate location, was on Windows 7. Where it isn't working, Windows XP with all updates current. So far no go on 4 different computers, All have same issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)