On demand very slow then fails

Mike

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2003
922 receiver. I have AT&T U-verse internet service, 18/1.5, and it speed tests at 22/1.9 usually.

Trying to load on demand from MTV and HBO. The shows download for maybe 1-3 minutes and then it just fails. The download was going as slow as 80 kbps/sec. Usually it will be 2 Mbps for SD and a lot more for HD shows.

I've tried everything except a full unplug reboot. Was just wondering if maybe there's some kind of network trouble or maybe net neutrality crap going on. I even tried connecting to an Xfinitywifi hotspot, and then sharing that over ethernet to the DISH receiver, so that I could rule out my ISP. This did work for a minute and then failed as well.

I got half of one episode to download, but it's worse than RealPlayer quality from 2000. Dishanywhere.com works, except there's little tiny gaps in the audio for some reason.

Did a full unplug reboot of the 922. It's now downloading an HBO show at 9 Mbps in HD. Hopefully it holds.

The show looks good about a minute in, 720p at least (the first minute of most on demand stuff is blurry, it's optimizing during that time I suppose).

I'll bet on you being throttled by your provider. I had the same issue with Netflix til a agreement was made between Comcast and Netflix. The day the agreement was made, no more issues

UVerse and Centurylink have always been difficult for Dish customers. Not sure about other providers, but those two always were significantly slower on Dish downloads than any other IsP in my experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)