? on H20 and HDMI output

Status
Please reply by conversation.

daddyscooltv

Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
Hi all this is my first post here. I am scheduled for my install next Saturday for my H20 and my question is does the H20 come with a HDMI cable in the box or do I need to go and buy a HDMI to DVI cable. I need the DVI part to hook to my older sony tv. Do you think I would be better off using the hdmi to dvi cable on my older tv or just use the componet cables that I have.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

HDMI not included with H20. Have both HDMI and Compnent connected.
HDMI on H20 very detailed and natural, Component a little noisy and contrasty.

Everybody's set up is different from one another. Some people love the HDMI others have had trouble.
Some say picture is noticabley better , others like the Component better.

Try the component 1st , because you probably have them already, see how it does on your set up.

Get a HDMI cable from somewhere you can return , if you don't see a big enough difference.

Me I use Component, can't see spending BIG dollars, for marginal gain. and possibly not being able to return it.

Jimbo

HDMI cable

There are HDMI cables on Ebay that are fairly resonable in price. I went to Best Buy and their least expensive was $54.00. I went Radio Shack and they didn't even have any.

Using HDMI over Component is not a marginal gain. It is amazing that we
spent a lot of money on HDTV and then we go cheap on the connections!

SONALIS said:
Using HDMI over Component is not a marginal gain. It is amazing that we
spent a lot of money on HDTV and then we go cheap on the connections!

That all depends. I would not go out and spend $ 150 for a HDMI cable, when you can find good ones for around $ 50.

Keep in mind, the HDMI cable transmits 1's and O's, everything is digital.. So it's either perfect ot not there at all.
The biggest difference between high dollar and average priced ones is how they fit together on you TV and receiver or dvd , whatever you are connecting to.

Same goes for Digital optical cables, it's all 1's and O's.
There is no higher quality 1's and O's there all the same

IMO

Jimbo

Last edited:
Jimbos said:
That all depends. I would not go out and spend $ 150 for a HDMI cable, when you can find good ones for around $ 50.
Keep in mind, the HDMI cable transmits X's and O's, everything is digital.. So it's either perfect ot not there at all.
The biggest difference between high dollar and average priced ones is how they fit together on you TV and receiver or dvd , whatever you are connecting to.
Same goes for Digital optical cables, it's all X's and O's.
There is no higher quality X' and O's there all the same
IMO
Jimbo

I agree strongly, digital signal can not "gain" ore be "weakened" by a cable. Either it works or it does not.

It is amazing! Yes cables do make a differents. Go to a good high-end Audio store and if they are worth anything they will let you try out the good cables(yes you have to pay for them, but most good store will fully refund your money). I did this and yes! it did make a differents.

I agree, component does look good depending on the TV. Monoprice.com has treated me and my friends very well.

Monoprice is the place to go: 3 foot HDMI cable at a fraction of B&M stores. Works like a charm for me.

There should be a difference between HDMI and Component, one is digital and one is analog, however not everyone has all the current options.

Try component and see what it looks like on your set, then try a HDMI and see if you see the difference.

I personally have DVI connections on my Sony 60" XBR, because HDMI was just beginning to be talked about when I bought my set.

Hey projectorsrule,
How's C town ?

Jimbo

ARRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES they do make a difference. Do the test!!!! I just love people on here who sit and bloivate, but don't do the research! Its called quality material in building stuff vs poor material.

Jimbos said:
Try component and see what it looks like on your set, then try a HDMI and see if you see the difference.
I personally have DVI connections on my Sony 60" XBR, because HDMI was just beginning to be talked about when I bought my set.
I'm in the same boat. I have a 65" Hitachi 65S500 and it only has DVI ins. HDMI wasn't out yet. Still, pic is awesome.

Go to the Audio store (High End Store or BB,CC will do) most have the HDMI to DVI cables you need. Just that you have to hook up your Audio separate thats all.

robbiee19 said:
ARRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES they do make a difference. Do the test!!!! I just love people on here who sit and bloivate, but don't do the research! Its called quality material in building stuff vs poor material.

They can make a difference in analog, yes. But it's been proven by research that a $30 HDMI cable is as good as the Monster $300 cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)