On the air antenna

Landon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I have the dish 322 dual receiver. I am trying to hook an external antenna where it say to on the back. I then run a coax to the tv from the 322 receiver tv ch 3-4 out. That is exactly what the manual says to do. When I do this I can not receive the local channels on channel 3 nor channel 4. The only way I can get locals is to use the converter. Using the converter I plug the external antenna into the converter ant in and then plug the converter out to my tv.
Am I doing something wrong? Was this hookup for use before locals went digital?
If this is true is there a receiver that will do what I am trying to do above without the converter?
Thanks in advance.
Landon

ota reception

Only the ViP series receivers have a digital OTA tuner.

I was just looking at the vip 211k receiver and the 1000.2 dish. Would this be a good choice with the Sony Sony Bravia 46" Class LCD 1080p 60Hz HDTV, KDL-46EX400 or Vizio 47" Class LCD 1080p 120Hz HDTV, E470VL
Will there be any noticeable difference in the 120hz and 60hz?
Is it true that I will have to pay dish network for hooking up the ota signal?
Please bare with me as I am trying to learn before I buy.

I was just looking at the vip 211k receiver and the 1000.2 dish. Would this be a good choice with the Sony Sony Bravia 46" Class LCD 1080p 60Hz HDTV, KDL-46EX400 or Vizio 47" Class LCD 1080p 120Hz HDTV, E470VL
Will there be any noticeable difference in the 120hz and 60hz?
Is it true that I will have to pay dish network for hooking up the ota signal?
Please bare with me as I am trying to learn before I buy.

Sure, the 211k is a good receiver, if you don't want a DVR or dual-tuner capabilities. The 211k could later be upgraded to a DVR with the external hard drive, if you wanted.

Me personally, I'd choose the Bravia, as Sony is just a better brand, and for the most part Bravias have better PQ than Vizios. 60Hz vs 120Hz is a very minor difference in motion perception. More-than-likely you'd notice the clarity/color differences between the two TV's (with the Sony having better color/clarity) a good bit more than you would the difference between 60Hz and 120Hz.

Sure, the 211k is a good receiver, if you don't want a DVR or dual-tuner capabilities. The 211k could later be upgraded to a DVR with the external hard drive, if you wanted.

Me personally, I'd choose the Bravia, as Sony is just a better brand, and for the most part Bravias have better PQ than Vizios. 60Hz vs 120Hz is a very minor difference in motion perception. More-than-likely you'd notice the clarity/color differences between the two TV's (with the Sony having better color/clarity) a good bit more than you would the difference between 60Hz and 120Hz.

With OTA and an EHD activated, you could record two programs at once. One from Sat with other from OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)