OnDemand Without Satellite Signal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
I am at a campground in my RV where I cannot get a satellite signal. I figured I would watch some OnDemand shows instead then. But when I try it pops up with a note that says my subscription needs to be upgraded. I have a Wally if that makes any difference.

What is going on? Can I or can't I watch OnDemand without a satellite signal. I have a strong wifi signal.

This is why I have Netflix. What surprised me was I had a satellite signal 36 hours ago before I got to this campground. Does the Dish authorization run out that fast?

Last edited:
This is why I have Netflix. What surprised me was I had a satellite signal 36 hours ago before I got to this campground. Does the Dish authorization run out that fast?
No it doesn't! It takes at least a week probably several to need authorization. The thought was if it had been quite a while since your receiver had a satellite signal that might be the issue. You've cleared that hurdle. So, it would seem you don't have line of sight.

I am at a campground in my RV where I cannot get a satellite signal. I figured I would watch some OnDemand shows instead then. But when I try it pops up with a note that says my subscription needs to be upgraded. I have a Wally if that makes any difference.

What is going on? Can I or can't I watch OnDemand without a satellite signal. I have a strong wifi signal.

Your Wally does have the ability to stream On Demand with a strong WiFi signal, however it sounds like what your were trying to stream is not a part of your subscription. Try streaming a free movie, or show. -Kim H.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Your Wally does have the ability to stream On Demand with a strong WiFi signal, however it sounds like what your were trying to stream is not a part of your subscription. Try streaming a free movie, or show. -Kim H.
Kim H. - If you click the Reply button in the lower-right corner of the post you are quoting (like I just did to reply to your post) it will automatically put that post inside a quote box in your reply. This is just a friendly tip to help make your replies easier to read and understand. Thanks!

Reactions: TheKrell

That is what I was trying to.

Netflix works great!! Having this activated to use on the trip was the main reason for joining Netflix. Being this is my first trip in areas that I may not be able to get a satellite signal I did not know what would work or not work. This is also why we load up on the DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts