One 6.3 UHF remote for 2 DVRs?

nodsirrah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
I have Home Distribution coaxs from each of my 622 and 722 DVR's feeding into one room with only 1 SD TV. I am currently using 2 6.3 UHF PRO remotes for the 2 DVRs. I also have a coax switch to select which DVR output to watch.
Is it possible to change settings on the DVRs so I only need to use one remote to control one or the other DVR? If so , what?

You can set both receiver to the same remote address, but both DVRs will respond identically to the one remote. Not so good if you want to watch and record different things on each one.

You could leave off the battery cover and switch the remote between band A and B with each DVR on a different band. Hard to do in the dark though.

I'll try rglore's suggestion using the A / B switch since I am the only one using the remote.
Do the DVR modulators need to be set for the same TV2 channel number?

Bad luck prevails. I set both DVR's to have the same remote address. Then set the 622 for A Band the the 722 for B Band. Everything was cool until my wife was watching her favorite recorded show and my A remote interferred with her B Band 722; not good to mess with the TV while Momma is in the "mood", end of experiment.
This wasn't supposed to happen, however, there is only a vertical distance of 8' between the 2 receivers. I did not try to use the antenna attenuators because there is about 30' , 3 walls and a floor between the 2 receivers in the Exercise room where I wanted one remote to control either TV, The remote UHF signal is already weak.

go to menu 6.1.5 on one receiver and change tv2 channel to a different channel, remove coax switch and put in a backwards splitter instead. get two 6.3 remotes, label each with the respective channel number that it feeds. so if 722 is set to 60 and 622 is set to 65, then label the 722 6.3 remote as ch 60 with a marker or sticky tape, do similar for other remote. then just grab approriate remote for channel you watch

"go to menu 6.1.5 on one receiver and change tv2 channel to a different channel, remove coax switch and put in a backwards splitter instead. get two 6.3 remotes, label each with the respective channel number that it feeds. so if 722 is set to 60 and 622 is set to 65, then label the 722 6.3 remote as ch 60 with a marker or sticky tape, do similar for other remote. then just grab approriate remote for channel you watch"

Thanks Awohar, I'll give that a try when Momma goes shopping!!!!

Could you use Aux mode and a Next Generation remote extender kit (NEX 1000) to convert it to UHF? It has a transmiter the goes in the battery compartment and it converts the IR signal to a UHF signal that the dish receivers can receive. and the kit only cost $30-35. I have used them to make tv1 remotes work like tv2 remotes.

Wow, you guys are good.
I am enjoying all the responses, I can also use a 2nd Next Gen to control my stereo receiver that is in a cabinet which has a door that I would love to keep closed!

I need a job so I can spend some money to help our economy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)