Need help programming my remote to my T.V.

Geek Squad

Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
California
Hey guys, here's the deal.

I just bought a Westinghouse 37" HDTV flatscreen, model: LVM-37w3se, what i'm trying to do is program the dish network remote to the T.V. so that I can control the volume, shut the T.V. off, etc.

I've googled everything and I can't seem to find out how, or at least the right code to do this. Nothing has worked.

Any help is appreciated, thanks. :up

Try this: press and hold tv button ( white button on top pf the remote) untill all top button ligth up red. usualy takes 3-5 sec. Now pres power buton. Then Blue chanel up ,press and realise ch. up button pointing remote control at your tv. Your tv needs to be on. give it a second beetwen each press. ones your tv goes off stop and press # key .let tv button blink red 3 times and pres rec. button. Hope it helps. try it few times. If you grt to the point when tv button flassing red realy fast, you just went throu all codes. And it is not one for you tv. sorry. any ? pm my ill try to help. good luck.

Thanks, I followed these steps:

1. Turn ON the electronic device you want to program the remote to control.
  2. Press the Mode button on the remote until the appropriate mode light is flashing.
  3. Press the Address button. The mode light will start flashing slowly.
  4. Press the Power button. The mode light will stop flashing and stay lit.
  5. Press the Up or Down arrow button to set the remote to the next code. The Down arrow button scans backward and the Up arrow button scans forward.
  6. When the correct code is reached, the device (whether a TV, VCR, or other) will turn off.
  7. Press the Address button to store the code in the remote control memory. If the code is valid for your remote, the mode light will blink 3 times.
  8. Turn the device back ON by pressing the Power button.
  9. Try some other functions to make sure you have the correct code. Occasionally the Power button may work when others do not.
  10. If the other buttons work, follow to determine the current remote settings.
  11. If the other buttons do not work, repeat the previous steps. The scan will resume from the last code stored.
  12. The mode light will flash rapidly when the scan has returned to the starting point and all codes have been tested for that mode. The remote control may not control some device models.
My only problem is I don't know which button is the "address" button.

Ah, thank you both of you .. I did what you said about hitting # and then the record button and it worked perfectly. Thank you again!

And sorry for double posting. :)

Once the device powers off, press the # button or the address button depending on the type of remote you have

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts