One Crappy/SD Alternative for Rave

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Greater Los Angeles area.
I do miss Rave, even with it's repeats it was a great channel. MHD is decent but they still lack the Soundstage library that Rave had.

One show i've missed greatly has been Later... With Jools Holland. He had some great guests on and it covered a pretty wide variety of music, plus that studio with that center rotating camera was awesome.

I have found the channel Ovation (157) carries Later... unfortunately it's a SD channel (which suffers from dish over compression in both video and audio) but maybe there's hope this channel will produce a HD stream and buy more of the library that Rave had and we can fill that void a bit more.

I thought Rave and Monsters were the BEST channels Dish had to offer that direct did not have. Monsters was the sole reason i chose dish over direct. If Rave and Monsters do not return i will move to direct for extra innings and the upcoming Baseball Network.

I too miss Rave. They tried to tell me that MHD was just as good as Rave. I told them that when I go to a concert, I don't expect a commercial break after each song and asked them if they did? No reply (not that I expected one).

I'm not going anywhere...baseball doesn't = good concerts for me (though do enjoy baseball), but also, maybe someday, Voom will return in some form...

I was a huge fan of Jools Holland as well. Loved the way he would get all excited when announcing the next act. The show introduced me to some artists that I would have never discovered on my own. The loss of this show is the biggest letdown for me... except maybe the lingerie models on the runway from that other channel. ;)

Rave was my favorite HD channel. It was one of the few VOOM channels that repeats were not a problem. I am use to hearing songs multiple times over the radio or on my MP player.

MHD does bot hold a candle to RAVE, IMHO.

+1000.

Not just commercials, but the most ANNOYING commercials possible. :down Also miss Jules Holland - great eclectic mix of artists. :music

I can live without RAVE, but I do really miss it. For me, it was really the only reason to have HD Ultimate. I'm waiting to downgrade until the next round of HD additions, but if everything in that round goes into "Essentials," I'm gone.

Brad

the only Voom channel I missed is Rave--yeah your right I could watch those repeats over and over again. I did watch some Monster shows as well . iF VOOM IS SMART they will come back with ony 5 channels-Rave, Monster, Move world wide, HDNews and WorldWide Sport.

It's a shame I'm not a sports fan, because D* has nothing to offer me that Dish doesn't have and as much as I'd like to not give anymore money to the bozos at Dish, I'd need a damn strong reason to give my money to the bozos who are in bed with Tivo.

So, let me get this straight.

You are an alien society with a hive mind, and all 1,000 of you speak through one entity which you call "Brad".

Is that correct ?

Is Kansas City the place on Earth that is most like your home planet ?

I don't like your tone, earthling! ;)

I don't like your tone, earthling! ;)

A whole lot of people frown on illegal aliens in the U.S. We at the MIB might ask you for some ID to show you are here legally. If not, we have ways to deal with such things. So be careful and dont draw too much attention to yourself.

Regards,
Agent S.

OK enough silliness. Seriously, watching/listening to repeats on Rave was no different than listening to Stairway to Heaven for the 1000th time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)