One Dish HD Solution??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mattyro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Hello everyone. I havent posted in quite awhile, but I got a call today and here we go... . Courtney called me from Dish Network's "winback" group. During her effort to sign me up again she guaranteed me there was a "Dish500 plus" and a "Dish1000 plus" , both of which would grant me access to all HD channels icluding the VOOM channels which I do not have access to now. How can one dish get my main channels and those at 61.5* ?? I live on the east coast in West Haven, CT. Thanks!!

are the voom channels only on 61.5? my rep said the dish 1000 will take care of my install no second dish needed. I got the gold hd package.

they're on both, but some parts of the country have to point at 61.5 instead of 129

CT is excluded from using 129

although it may work, the signal will deffinetly be better on 61.5

:) i was told by dish enginering they plan on mirroring the 61.5 onto 129 so they will be exactly the same. they are going to power up the 129 and are expediting the 129 replacement for early spring 2007. although the guy could have been lieing his ass off to satisfy me. Disneyland pulled that game. out right lies! like the ride is shut down for repairs but was actually being previewed by Disney corporate employees. that ride was the new pirates! which turned out awesome!

hobojoe said:
:) i was told by dish enginering they plan on mirroring the 61.5 onto 129 so they will be exactly the same. they are going to power up the 129 and are expediting the 129 replacement for early spring 2007. although the guy could have been lieing his ass off to satisfy me. Disneyland pulled that game. out right lies! like the ride is shut down for repairs but was actually being previewed by Disney corporate employees. that ride was the new pirates! which turned out awesome!
Well, the part about powering up the 129 falls in line with the Tech Forum comment Monday night, that they expect to boost the power on Wednesday (today). That gives some credibility to the 129 replacement story.

And, you don't know how mad I was last month when I took the family to Orlando, and the Pirates ride was closed for renovations. Grrrrrr (or should I say Arrrrgh).

mattyro said:
Hello everyone. I havent posted in quite awhile, but I got a call today and here we go... . Courtney called me from Dish Network's "winback" group. ...

Wow! Dish has a "winback group". When I came back I must have gotten a CSR with the "don't give a damn if you come back or not, as a matter of fact we feel like we should punish you for leaving in the first place" group.

Apparently that's a much larger group.

I came back anyway but it took two transfers to a higher authority to not require a case of KY with the deal. It's good to hear that they finally may be getting smarter.

Bob

you just got to hang up and try again like rulet. i got a gal at corp that said if you dont like dish then maybe you should consider other options. i hung up and called again and got a guy that gave me everything i could possibly expect and more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts