One dish in Wyoming?

jmagill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2006
We are in western Wyoming and want to upgrade to HD.

I don't realy want two dishes. Will the dish 1000 work for us?

Is it possible to get dish to send us he hardware and set it up ourselves?
We have set up our present system in all three of our moves.

If the technician is careful and aligns the Dish 1000 so that 129 geta a good 75-80 solid, and the others are 90+ the one dish solution will work.

The Dish 1000 is not easy to align on all three satellites, unless you are experienced at complex satellite alilgnment, you will have trouble. Dish insists that one of their tech do the install, unless you already have all the dishes you need, which you do not.

Let Dish do the install, it costs no more, no less, and it is warranteed for at least 90 days.

You will still have trouble on the 129 however. I have 85 on my 129 but the problem is there is so much variation on each transponder. As soon as it so much as start raining I lose most all the 129. Not sure how much better a seperate dish would help. Im in the process of adding my second dish.

We are in western Wyoming and want to upgrade to HD.

I don't realy want two dishes. Will the dish 1000 work for us?

Is it possible to get dish to send us he hardware and set it up ourselves?
We have set up our present system in all three of our moves.

129 works for us in Northern Colorado on a DISH1000. As mentioned, 129 is tricky and reception is better with a separate dish. Expect a bit higher than normal rain fade from 129. I assume that since you say western Wyoming, you are in the Salt Lake City DMA. If so, your sd locals are on 110 and your HD locals on 129. If you are in a different DMA, your locals could very well be on 148 and that means a second dish for certain.

Thanks! We do get our locals from Salt Lake. We are just south of Jackson Hole.

We will try the installer. Our place is for sale and we did not want two dishes on our small house.

a Dish 1000 works fine in western Colorado; 129's numbers are not spectacular, but all of the channels come in fine.

AND... :welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts