One dish or two

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ifish66

Original poster
Mar 16, 2007
I live in Northern NJ and want to get an HD package. I currently have Dish Network ,but they require a second dish to pull in HD channels. Does Direct TV require a second dish in my area or can they pull HD and all of the other channels in with only one.

Also, is the HD package worth getting on direct TV. I have read some comments about not true HD and about using a separate antenna to pull in local channels.

Thanks,
Ian

WELCOME!

As far as core programming and HD one dish, BUT some small DMAs have locals that may require a 2nd dish and many international channels outside of Hispanic also require a 2nd dish. What is your zip code and what programming are you looking for past core and HD?

My zip code is 07419. As far a programming goes, I do not need intl channels, only local and the basic channels offered on the HD package.

Thanks,
Ian

SD locals for New York are from the 101 sat and HD locals are available on the 99. Both of these are picked up on one dish along with all the normal programming. You should be able to get everything you want with just the one dish, no problem.

Thanks for the reply.

Is the HD on Direct worth the trouble. I mean is it true HD? I have read some posts saying the HD is better on Dish or cable. Are the locals true HD?

Do you have anyone that you can go visit to see for yourself? Its the only way you will be able to decide for your needs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts