One Dish solution?

When I ordered a year ago, they said I couldn't get 129 sat, and needed a second dish. I am only allowed one dish at my condo, so currently still have D*. I can't figure out how I can get all the sats with D*, but not E*. I was just checking to see if anything has changed or was going to change with their sat situation in the near future.

When I ordered a year ago, they said I couldn't get 129 sat, and needed a second dish. I am only allowed one dish at my condo, so currently still have D*. I can't figure out how I can get all the sats with D*, but not E*. I was just checking to see if anything has changed or was going to change with their sat situation in the near future.

Eastern Arc coming up in a couple of months, you might be able to do it then.

Your condos can't limit you to one dish. You can have twenty if you so desire, as long as they are within your exclusive use area.
ah yes..the great debate over who controls the exclusive space and who gets to decide what is aesthically acceptable.
I have run into issue. While on the surface it may seem the condo assn is in violation of fcc regs with a one dish rule, they can cite safety issues as this one assn did on one of my jobs.
The assn was satellite friendly. But allowed only one antenna per unit "by order of the fire marshall"..They cited that if there was a fire and the patio/balcony were made impasable with satellite antennas, it could create a hazard for both firefighter and resident. So the assn got the fire marshall to issue this order.
We both know why this was done. The condo assn didn't want anyone to have more than one dish because they don;t like the way they look.
But what are ya gonna do.

Your condos can't limit you to one dish. You can have twenty if you so desire, as long as they are within your exclusive use area.
Thats just like my rental houses. I allow 1 service ,not both. They can have Cable and E* Or D*, But they can't have E*and D*. Sorry I don't care what the FCC says, When they start paying my taxes and repairs they they can let Renters put Dishes anywhere they want to. But if you own your condo, then you should be able to do what ever you want.

Eastern Arc. Good luck waiting for that! If that happends this year I'll be surprised.

Thats just like my rental houses. I allow 1 service ,not both. They can have Cable and E* Or D*, But they can't have E*and D*. Sorry I don't care what the FCC says, When they start paying my taxes and repairs they they can let Renters put Dishes anywhere they want to. But if you own your condo, then you should be able to do what ever you want.

Eastern Arc. Good luck waiting for that! If that happends this year I'll be surprised.
Condo assn's can be worse than single family HOA's with rules..
I had to walk away from an inrternational job because the condo assn allowed one antenna per unit. I saw it for myself. Condo owner showed me the Covenants. I took up with the mgmnt company of the complex and the mgr told me straigt up that we could go ahead and do the two dishes but the condo owner would be warned to take one down and if he did not comply they had the right to fine the owner each day the second dish was there. Everyone was pissed off that day.
Unless a condo owner is willing to hire an attorney and take the HOA to court, the condo assn can do whatever they want.
It's not legal. But if the courts are the only remedy, one has to weigh the pros and cons of this battle.

Thanks, any word on when they are launching the aforementioned "Eastern Arc" service?

Last date heard was September 2008. For new subs only, at first. Don't be too sure that it'll be out in September, but it might be. If so, we might hear something in August.

You could get an HD only package off of 61.5 and go one dish that way. Installer might have to put up a second dish for 110/119 to complete his install but just have him put it on a tripod and take it down after he leaves. I don't know if CHI HD locals are on 61.5 though.

I think the package is called HD Absolute but DISH seems to be changing their mind all the time so it might be different now.

You could get an HD only package off of 61.5 and go one dish that way. Installer might have to put up a second dish for 110/119 to complete his install but just have him put it on a tripod and take it down after he leaves. I don't know if CHI HD locals are on 61.5 though.

I think the package is called HD Absolute but DISH seems to be changing their mind all the time so it might be different now.

All the HD channels are on 61.5? I thought USA and others were on a different sat. I am interested in the new HD package that now include the RSN's. I don't even need locals, I can get them OTA.

This is from EKB....

Chicago HD local channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CW) which have been available at 129° are now also available at 61.5° spot beam on the same channel numbers (6312-6316).
Raleigh HD local channels (ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox) which have been available at 118° are now also available at 61.5° spot beam on the same channel numbers (6465-6468).
The Chicago HD locals at 129° and Raleigh HD locals at 118° will eventually be shut off! Dish will notify subscribers with plenty of time for upgrade/repoint options. Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial)

All the HD channels are on 61.5? I thought USA and others were on a different sat. I am interested in the new HD package that now include the RSN's. I don't even need locals, I can get them OTA.

I think you're right, there are some still on the 110. So you wouldn't get them all. I think the MPEG2 ones are still there, but DISH is in the process of converting all of those customers to MPEG4 boxes so they'll soon be in MPEG4. I don't know if they'll place those on 61.5 at that point, but I imagine they will soon enough with the onset of Eastern Arc in September. DISH already has another satellite moving from 148 to either 72.7 or 77, I forget which. They're gonna want to get that one transmitting ASAP. When that happens, the 1000.4 dish will accomplish getting all three from one dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)