One hopper/3 Joey's?

corbatt

Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
denver
I know this had been asked a 100 times but I really can't find the exact answer. I have one hopper and 2 coax wired Joey's. I want to add a third Joey to my outdoor patio but I have no way to run coax from the hopper. Can the third joey be set up wirelessly and if so, can i just buy a used one on ebay? Also, do I have to buy the wireless dongle from Dish? I realize the third joey will just be a mirror of one of the other Joey's but that doesn't bother me at all...I have been searching for an answer for weeks so any help is much appreciated.

Yes, the Joey can be used wirelessly, but initial setup will need to be on coax - just swap one of the existing Joeys out temporarily.

You should be able to buy Joey from dealer or ebay - but with ebay make sure you have confirmed with Dish the Joey doesn't belong to a current or defunct lease account, or even an owned account with a balance. Only advantage to purchase is if it works out cheaper than what Dish will charge up front (very possible with a Joey).

You need a Netgear WNDA3100v2 wireless adapter. New from Dish is only $25, but you can ebay it if you want - I did waaay back before Dish had steady stock.

My advice would be to get the USB adapter now, move an existing Joey out to where you want the new unit and test everything out first. If all is OK, proceed with the 3rd Joey.

Sorry to be a complete pain but is it an easy setup and finally, I will be able to watch live tv from the third joey, correct?

Sorry to be a complete pain but is it an easy setup and finally, I will be able to watch live tv from the third joey, correct?

Yes, live TV can be viewed from the 3rd Joey.......however you will.have 4 devices sharing 3 tuners so the location that is "last to the party" will.have to watch something already being viewed, dvr event, or VOD event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts