One more cable question-need advise

Sukey

Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
I have two questions really- I have hooked up my 622 via component and HDMI to DVI-I. I am using a HDMI to DVI-D cable and have no sound coming from this connection which I think is accurate because DVI-I does not support audio, is this correct?

Since it is difficult to tell a difference in picture quality, I would like to leave both of these connections hooked up permanently. If I do, will having them both hooked up affect the picture quality in anyway? OR, should I disconect the hookup I will not be using?

Thanks in advance.

:welcome Welcome to SatelliteGuys! :welcome

Correct, HDMI includes sound, but DVI doesn't. You should have no degradation in PQ (picture quality) with both DVI and component being driven at the same time, although in theory the digital connection should be better. But everyone's TV is different, so results may vary. Someday broadcasters might enable a broadcast flag, which would down-rez some HD programming on the (analog) component connections, so definitely leave your digital connection (DVI) hooked up.

Thanks for the reply. I left everything hooked up and put my entertainment center back in place, no easy job. BTW, for me anyway, the HDMI seems to be a better picture for the channels that don't seem to have a good picture in the first place, but on most channels, I don't see a big difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)