One more question......

SPower

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2019
Fallon, NV
With a portable satellite dish (King or winegard) what kind of signal strength are you getting on 110, 119, 129??

Thx!

Anybody?? I am getting low to mid 20's mostly for 110, 119 and low to mid teens for 129....open sky
On a clear night, mid 30s with a king. Just make sure it is gnats ass level, the handle is true North, and your rg6 coax isn’t a micro meter over 50ft. These motorized dishes are finicky.

So King is telling me if I have a signal of 15 or more I am good! Really? The signal is yellow, how can that be good? Dish is in open sky!

Reactions: pattykay
I give up!!

King says for me to send my dish in so they can repair it but they won't send a replacement. It's the only dish for TV so the family says no way your sending it away for who knows how long!

I can't get answers on what the majority of people are getting as far as signal strength, so I really don't know if my dish is faulty or just a piece of s**t.

I can't get answers as to what other dish would be best to replace this one except for the pathway x2 and it is just too big and bulky, i've done a lot of research on other dishes but the reviews are mixed on all of them so I'm at a dead end.

Is there anything I can do/try myself besides moving the dish, been there done that over and over and over.....I'm talking like, is there an adjustment inside or something to help fix this? Or something inside to check? Anything??

I can't get answers on what the majority of people are getting as far as signal strength, so I really don't know if my dish is faulty or just a piece of s**t.

I can't get answers as to what other dish would be best to replace this one except for the pathway x2 and it is just too big and bulky, i've done a lot of research on other dishes but the reviews are mixed on all of them so I'm at a dead end.

I'll try to give you an answer.

It doesn't matter what others are getting for signals, it's location and equipment and atmospheric dependent. We probably don't have a lot of forum members in Fallon, NV with the same equipment you have.

IMO, anything Winegard builds is better than anything King Controls builds (I've had both). I have been full time RV'ing for over ten years. If you want a strong, dependable signal then get a full size dish either roof mounted or on a tripod....................or if you insist on an automatic dish then get a Pathway X2. All of those small domes have a small reflector in them and are not as dependable. Sorry if that offends you.

I'll try to give you an answer.

It doesn't matter what others are getting for signals, it's location and equipment and atmospheric dependent. We probably don't have a lot of forum members in Fallon, NV with the same equipment you have.

IMO, anything Winegard builds is better than anything King Controls builds (I've had both). I have been full time RV'ing for over ten years. If you want a strong, dependable signal then get a full size dish either roof mounted or on a tripod....................or if you insist on an automatic dish then get a Pathway X2. All of those small domes have a small reflector in them and are not as dependable. Sorry if that offends you.

Not offended at all, I don't want a full size dish or the bulky pathway x2, I am fine with the smaller dish like I have, just want a better one than the one I have. So I think I will order the winegard playmaker and see if there is a vast improvement over the one I have, if not I'll return it.
Thanks for chiming in!

Good luck. But I suspect it will not be good enough.

Please report back how that works out.

The X2 may yet be the best trade off. Dish size matters.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)