one of my 2 hoppers always needs a reset in the am

wase4711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
Outside Chicago
So, I have 2h, and 4j, and things have been working pretty nice for the last 4 months or so..
Now, for the last week or so, one of my Hoppers has to be power cycled every morning, as I get a notice that some of my channels arent available now, and I dont need to call Dish, that they are aware of the problem, and are working on it...
When I see that, I have been just pulling the plug for a minute, then replugging in, and after rebooting and searching for a signal, my channels are usually ok; this is usually when I try to reach my local channels in Chicagoland, but sometimes, its others, like FX, Comedy, etc..I can usually get hbo to come in, but not always...
Thats a real PITA, but today, something new started; when I first turned things on, and got the same message, I then did a power cycle, and when it came back up, many of my hd channels, both local and some others were missing...
I called dish, and a tech is coming out tomorrow, but, I dont really trust alot of them to trouble shoot intermittent problems
To fix todays issue, I unplugged the reciever for about 20 minutes and when I restarted it, eventually ALL my channels showed up again.

I know the Hopper is still "Beta", regardless of what Dish says, but, I was wondering if some of the more knowledgeable folks here might chime in to what might be causing the problem..

No rain or snow issues,(yet, but this is Chicago!), and, the problem seems more frequent now that the temps have dropped from the 90's to the 30's recently.

Thanks for any input you might have!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)