One possible reason "E" now insists on install of 622

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
While it may have been an isolated incident, I personally know of at least one person that when they got their 942, they installed it themselves and then cancelled the scheduled install. They were NEVER charged the $250 lease fee. It was taken from their credit card and posted to their Dish account as a "one time fee" but it showed as a credit. It then got applied to the normal monthly bills and there was never an actual $250 charge for the 942 posted - at least for 10 months now.

It may be this happened a significant number of times and it was because the installer never actually showed up and did the usual "close-out" process. I do know that Dish says when they have an "open workorder" their computers won't let them do squat, so maybe it has some sort of glitch that requires the installer to actually close out the order. Just speculation.

I believe this to be correct, however, the CSR has the ability to close the work-order, which then enables them to activate the receiver.
When I did mine, on Feb 16th, it was before Dish had adopted any sort of policy (if such policy exists) with regard to self-activation of the 622, the CSR had to, and did close the work-order scheduled for Feb 28th, and then he was able to activate the receiver.

Could be true but all I know is their software seems anemic to me. I received a replacement 921 yesterday and they wouldn't activate it because I have a 622 being installed this Saturday.

Needless to say I am not pleased at that.

waltinvt said:
While it may have been an isolated incident, I personally know of at least one person that when they got their 942, they installed it themselves and then cancelled the scheduled install. They were NEVER charged the $250 lease fee. It was taken from their credit card and posted to their Dish account as a "one time fee" but it showed as a credit. It then got applied to the normal monthly bills and there was never an actual $250 charge for the 942 posted - at least for 10 months now.

It may be this happened a significant number of times and it was because the installer never actually showed up and did the usual "close-out" process. I do know that Dish says when they have an "open workorder" their computers won't let them do squat, so maybe it has some sort of glitch that requires the installer to actually close out the order. Just speculation.

That's exactly how mine went.

I got my 942 last may, installed it and had the "install" cancelled. The $250 was listed as a credit and was applied to monthly charges.

I didn't say a word..... I felt it was in my best interest not to mention it ;)

NOHDjunkie said:

I got my 942 last may, installed it and had the "install" cancelled. The $250 was listed as a credit and was applied to monthly charges.

Maybe we should have a poll to see how many this happened to. It would be funny if Dish leased 50k units and only collected for 25k.:D

NOHDjunkie said:

So far, that has been my experience with the 622.

NOHDjunkie said:

Count me in the unlucky group then. I leased my 942, payed the $250 upfront, installed it myself and cancelled the install, however they actually did charge for the receiver very shortly after I activated it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts