One Quick Question: How long do I have to watch a recorded PPV movie?

Brent L

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
SC
I have a lot of movie certs to use up. If I order a PPV movie, and if I watch it live or set it to record overnight, how long do I have to then watch the recording? Is it 24 hours from the time the recording ends period or is it just 24 hours from the time I go back and start to play the recording, no matter how long it is before I get to them? Meaning, if I record something and let it sit there for months without touching it, that would be fine but I would then only have 24 hours to finish watching it after that point? Just wanted to clear this up, thanks!

It depends on the movie. You would need to read the notice when you order them. Some are available for a couple of months but expire 24 hours after you start viewing it while you can keep others for as long as you want and they never expire.

Yes, I have 8 of the movie coupons and also have the Hopper. I'm just hoping I can use them, set it to record overnight (or when I'm home watching something else) and be able to keep it on my Hopper until I am ready to watch it. I did a chat and they said that it would work that way, and that the 24 hour time limit will only start once I start to watch the recording for the first time. Who knows if that is true or not, that is why I posted here. Thanks guys!

Yes, I have 8 of the movie coupons and also have the Hopper. I'm just hoping I can use them, set it to record overnight (or when I'm home watching something else) and be able to keep it on my Hopper until I am ready to watch it. I did a chat and they said that it would work that way, and that the 24 hour time limit will only start once I start to watch the recording for the first time. Who knows if that is true or not, that is why I posted here. Thanks guys!

Unless things have changed that is correct. ..had a movie for almost 2 months and it worked... what movie did you order? ??

If you are talking about PPV that is very hit and miss. Yes, a couple of mine are still there and can be watched after more than a year. But by far most become not available to watch even on the EHD, at least on the VIP series.

Look for "Limited Recording" in the info page. If it is NOT there, you can treat it like other DVR'd programs. if it IS there, expect poof after 24-48 hours.

Aka it depends.
?

I record my ppvs 2-3 times during the day and overnight too if I really like it. Most of them last a good long time, but will go by by after watching.

I have two I transferred to EHD over a year ago and can still view.

On the Hopper, if you select to Watch Later and let it download you have 30 days to watch. Once you start watching is when the 24 hour clock starts. Also, on the Hopper, these rentals show up in the Rentals folder and are DEFINITELY not available to move to an EHD for later viewing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)