One reason why there is a shortage of 811s

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjruby

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Nazareth, PA
Yesterday, we celebrated Christmas with my brother-in-law and his family in Lansdale, PA (just north of Philadelphia).

He told me a couple of weeks ago that he was getting rid of his cable and was signing up with Dishnetwork for their 3 room, normal receiver system, promotion. He cannot even spell HDTV.

His system was installed last week.

I almost fainted when I saw that all three receivers that were installed were 811s!!!!!!

Happy holidays for those still waiting for their 811!

Bob

Are you serious on this one?

If so - 1) it shows the ineptitude of Dish's installers and 2) it provides hope that the 811 will get serious attention if they are trying to make it the default receiver :)

Chris

Very doubtful.

811's cost the installers almost 400 bux each. I've seen the invoice. So it is very unlikely that they would install THREE 811's.

Mark_AR said:
Very doubtful.

811's cost the installers almost 400 bux each. I've seen the invoice. So it is very unlikely that they would install THREE 811's.

I'm not prone to imagining what I see with my own eyes.

Bob -

Is your brother-in-law on DHP or was this Free Dish? If the former it could explain why an installer who was out of 301s might do this. If not, sounds like an opportunity for you to engineer a sweeeeet trade. :D

I will give you 4 reasons why there's a shortage of 811s:

1. F
2. R
3. E
4. E

They are FREE to new customers with Free Dish right now NO STRINGS, which is a stupid gaffe by Charlie IMHO. They should be requiring customers to commit to at least 1 year of the HDPAK in order to get the 811 for free. I know some people getting the 811 BEFORE THEY EVEN HAVE AN HDTV!!! T

I would have to agree. I dont see why they would not require a commitment in the first place for getting the 811 since it retails for $399. Perhaps for every 811 the customer gets the customer should agree for a year of programming. For example, three 811's equal three year programming commitment to AT50 and HD package of at least $9.99.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts