One receiver between 2 tvs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Shelbi99

Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
I apologize ahead of time for being ignorant to all this (I'm actually pretty smart but all this tech talk has got me baffled!)....

I have a Dish Quad with 3 activated receivers (301s). I would like to share one of these receivers between 2 rooms. I wouldn't need to watch both tvs at the same time so they could share a receiver. Is there a way to do this without running a cable? (it would have to go thru the middle of the room) also without having to go to the room with the receiver to change the channel. I would also be willing to purchase a fourth receiver and have it activated (but would I need to since I won't be watching them at the same time?) Or can I have 2 receivers receive the same signal? I need slow, uncomplicated answers please....I am blonde! Thanks in advance!!!

You could get a wireless video sender and split it off from the tv out on the back of your receiver.
For the remote they make a remote extender device that makes your remote work on UHF signals so it can travel through walls.
The best thing to do is go to your local electronics store and ask someone there. The big company's "Best Buy, Circuit City, etc". may not be the best place to go since they have alot of young people working there "not to knock them" but most of them will not know what the hell you are talking about. Seek out a mom and pop store that deal in electronics and they will more than likely be able to help you.
Do not be afraid to ask anything here.

:welcome

Thanks Tate....(that's my mother's family name!) Actually our Radio Shack is wonderful. Those guys know everything and it's not about trying to just sell you something. They try to save you money. I'll do that. Thanks for the reply - now I at least sound like I have an idea of what I want.

love your signature.....!

Shelbi99 for your own good please do not post your personal info such as your mothers maiden name on a public forum. Identity theft is not a fun thing to deal with.

Jordan

No worries....Shelbi is not my real name and Tate is not my mother's maiden name. I simply meant that name ran in my mother's family somewhere. I have nothing personal listed anywhere. I've heard the ID theft nightmares. Thanks for your concern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts