One show records/One show doesn't

Brandie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
The new season has begun and I have checked and double-checked to make sure all of my wife's shows get recorded.

Problem: ER recorded. Without a Trace did not. The DVR turned on and started it, but it was like there was a storm cloud overhead and it was blank and then skipped to the end of the hour. Also, CSI, same channel as W/O a Trace, recorded fine in the previous hour.

So, how come one program would record while the other one would not? Both stations come out of Jax, FL and both are SD. :confused:

Were you recording an OTA channel? If so, only one can watched and/or recorded as there is only one OTA tumer. I was caught in this manner too. My workaround is to record the OTA HD and the other competing channel from the Dish carried Local SD channel.

If you had an outage, it's pretty likely both SD channels would have went out.

Did someone turn on the 2nd TV and ignore the warning and change the channel ?

Nope. No one changed any channels either.

ER recorded @10 on TV2. Without A Trace was supposed to record @10 on TV1. CSI recording @9, same channel as W/OAT, also TV1, recorded fine. Just got a bunch of scrambled images for W/OAT, and the DVR skipped to the end.

We will see what takes place this week.

My timers have been weird as well. I had Private Practice set to record, and instead I got the Bionic Woman! They timer showed correctly, I had the correct info, but it recorded something else. My timers have been flaky! Good thing we have BEV so I can get west coast feeds for things that were missed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)