One Transponder on Galaxy 25

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sebo

Original poster
Nov 21, 2007
I recently installed Glory system and a ninstalle rcame twice but we are yet to lock in 97. AMC on 1001 works fine. A few days ago I was able to received 1 transponder- 11716 is now working but signal is 18-25. All others have bad or no signal.

Any ides?

If the dish is not warped there is no reason you should not get most of the channels. If this was a professional installer I will presume he checked for warp and also set up the receiver correctly, and the only reason you would be getting some but not most of the channels in SET UP would be the wrong frequency for the LO on the LNB.

Since you have one G25 transponder, it will just take more tweaking, as we say, trial and success, to bring in the rest. Do not give up. Check for mast alginment. Tilting could get you one and not the other, very hard to get both.

I do have a wind-warp problem here but most people do not, and I set up my Glorystar system several times on an 8000 mile trip with almost no problems. Recheck and ask more questions. I do not know anyone who has failed setting it up yet.

#1 CHECK THE DISH FOR DAMAGE OR WARPING!!!!!! Correct if warped following the instructions on pages 13-14.

Activate the receiver using reset code 2020.

Connect the coax cable directly from the receiver to the LNBF on the right side (standing in front of the dish). Place the receiver on channel 7 and press the SIG button. Rotate the dual LNBF bracket to the suggested rotation (skew) and set the face of the LNBFs 3/4" forward towards the reflector and the align the centering line on the top of the LNBF with the top arrows on the dual clamp. Adjust the dish aiming to peak Signal Quality reading.

Move the coax cable to LNBF 2 on the left side and place the receiver on channel 2 peak the dish aiming for highest Signal Quality. Place the receiver on channel 24 and peak the dish aiming for highest Signal Quality. Touch-up the Signal Quality reading by slightly adjusting the LNBF 2 rotation and fore/aft placement.

Move the coax back to LNBF 1 and place the receiver on channel 8 and touch-up the Signal Quality reading by slightly adjusting the LNBF 1 rotation and fore/aft placement.

Power off the Master Power Switch and placethe DiSEqC switch in line then repower the receiver. All channels will be available and peaked.

And dare I say make sure your mast is plumb. My father in-law and myself redid my Glorystar dish installation (it kept moving in the wind) and in doing so we replumbed. It wasn't off much but my quality signals on GA25 increaed 10-20 across the board. I now get solid 60/50 on just about all GA25 channels, some even higher.

Thanks guys ..I've made some adjustments and most of the channels are in but can't receive the word network or transponder 11966 on Galaxy 25 ..any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)