Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just as CSI NY was about to start my 921 froze up...

I had to reboot it to get it back up, however when it came back up one tuner was not working, which is strange, both tuners are being fed via 1 cable from a DP+44 switch and using a DP+ Seperator.

How agrivating and my wife is pissed she didnt get the premiere of CSI NY recorded.

I rebooted the 921 a few times now both tuners are working again.

My wife is watching the show down the stairs. I am watching the recording of Monday NIght Raw from the 921 now. :)

We have 2 921's. :D

Scott,

You may want to double check that you are still able to record two HD channels at one time. I had a problem like this and had to get a new unit. One of my tuners had lost the ability to receive HD programing. It still received SD for a while but eventually it lost that ability as well. The reboot you performed may have allowed the unit to switch to the other functioning tuner that you received the HD programming on. You can easily test this by tuning an HD channel, start to record it and then attempt to tune in another HD channel. If you get only a blank grey screen, then you have the same problem as I encountered on my bad unit.

Good luck!!!

That is just what we need, more equipment that need re-booting! It is pretty bad that this switch need rebooted. What is the problem with it?

To speculate, the DPP44 firmware got confused. It's not a simple device - it actually 'thinks' about what it';s doing as opposed to the older solid-state relay type switches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts