One year contract - receivers...

PotentialNoobie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Puerto Rico
Is the one year contract for one receiver only? :confused:

I mean, you get a 1 year contract and it is for 1 to 2 tvs. After that year the receiver is your... right?

Or could you get a 1 year contract with more than one receiver included in the lease?

And once you finish your contract....paying the lease, then the receiver is yours...
Right?
You have the privilege ;) of paying the lease fee forever, if you like. But the receiver remains Dish property and must be shipped back to Dish if and when you close your account.

You have the privilege ;) of paying the lease fee forever, if you like. But the receiver remains Dish property and must be shipped back to Dish if and when you close your account.

But I paid $199 fee for the 722.

And I have read that some people, once the contract is up, their equipment is theirs...

But I paid $199 fee for the 722.

And I have read that some people, once the contract is up, their equipment is theirs...

Dish does not have any program designed as a least to own. Any subscribers who get to keep any leased receivers are the ones that Dish removes and will no longer activate or leave active on the account. These receiver's are pretty much paper weights and not much else.

But I paid $199 fee for the 722. And I have read that some people, once the contract is up, their equipment is theirs...
I bought a new 722 off ebay for $300, and it is an owned not leased receiver. This transaction did not add any commitment since Dish did not subsidize the sale.

I installed it myself and activated it for free, paying Dish the extra $10/mo for the HD add-on. It became my primary receiver and, since I already had the DVR Advantage package, I didn't have to pay the extra receiver fee nor the DVR fee on my 722. (I did have to pay those for my 625, which remained on my account and became my secondary receiver. So all in all my bill went up $20/mo. YMMV)

Your $199 figure sounds too low for the purchase of an owned receiver. I have a lot of heartburn over such a high fee, and I would not pay it myself. If Dish is leasing you a receiver, then why do you have any fee at all, much less an exorbitant fee like that? A leased receiver remains Dish's receiver forever; we don't lease-to-own them.

I finally completed my conversion to HD by leasing two VIP 612 receivers from Dish. These cost me $25/ea shipped, and I installed them myself. Had Dish paid for the installation as well, that fee would have been much higher. Perhaps your $199 includes installation?

...Your $199 figure sounds too low for the purchase of an owned receiver. I have a lot of heartburn over such a high fee, and I would not pay it myself. If Dish is leasing you a receiver, then why do you have any fee at all, much less an exorbitant fee like that? A leased receiver remains Dish's receiver forever; we don't lease-to-own them.

...Perhaps your $199 includes installation?

well, they charge me $199 for 722 in Puerto Rico + $49.99 activation fee and then a credit for $49.99

There are some plans where you buy the equipment and they give you credits. But the 199 upcharge is to lease a HD receiver, you are still leasing and they will want it back.

You can buy all your own equipment, put it in yourself and then sub to Dish without any contract.

199 is the upgrad cost for a 722 on the new DHATOO promotion. he paid a 99.00 activation fee, his first months bill upfront, then 199.00 upgrade for the 722. DHATOO is leased equip and comes with a 24 month commit. fees for the DHAtOO info are here. DISH Network - Digital Home Advantage TOO Promotion Agreement - 1.888.825.2557

you will have to return the 722 if you do cancel. and if you cancel prior to the contract, you will pay 15.00 for each remaining month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)