Onkyo AV receiver and Dish remote

rcwilcox

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 30, 2004
I have tried all the listed ONkyo codes and 2660 is the only one that does anything. Will not power on or off and you need to press the volume repeatly to change volume as opposed to the Onkyo remotee which you can just hold down, Anybody do any better with their Onkyo?

The Dish remotes do not have a lot of the latest receiver codes.

I know it doesn't run my Marantz.

I gave up and bought a Harmony remote.

rcwilcox said:
I have tried all the listed ONkyo codes and 2660 is the only one that does anything. Will not power on or off and you need to press the volume repeatly to change volume as opposed to the Onkyo remotee which you can just hold down, Anybody do any better with their Onkyo?
I have two Onkyo receivers and thats all that the Dish remotes do.

Thats fine for me though. I have a Pronto that handles turning everything off/on and switching between inputs. I just like the feel of the DIsh remote while watching TV, so it does all I really need it to do (volume up/down).

Onkyo

Same problems with controlling the Onkyo except for the successful control of volume. I too bought a Harmony remote and am extremely happy.

I will second the buying a universal remote to handle all of your devices.

Just buy a Mitsubishi DLP TV with NetCommand®:

NetCommand®
All Mitsubishi Digital Cable Ready televisions include NetCommand® with IR learning. This exclusive feature provides your customer with a true one-remote control home theater system. NetCommand® is an on-screen home theater control system that blends control of IEEE 1394 digitally connected products and conventional IR analog connected products into a simple icon-based control system. NetCommand® has a library of codes or can learn the IR codes from almost any IR-based analog component.

I have a WD-52525 and I love it. The only downfall is that there is a very slight delay(milliseconds) between the remote and any device you are using the remote for!!!

I did the device codes scan with my 411 and my Onkyo came in just fine. The volume is very responsive and it turns on and off.

tim

rcwilcox said:
I have a Onyko HT-R500 and have no problems, everything works fine! I noticed u had a 2 in front of 660 I presume thats a type-o. Can't remember which one I used, sorry!

Drone35 said:
I have a Onyko HT-R500 and have no problems, everything works fine! I noticed u had a 2 in front of 660 I presume thats a type-o. Can't remember which one I used, sorry!
You must enter the "2" in front of the 660 to let the Dish remote know that its a receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)