Only 61.5?

oby

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of subscribers who can't see this satellite for the Voom Channels.

Other than rumors, conjecture, and speculation, has anyone heard from DISH what their plans are to make this programming available to all subscribers, and the timing for that? I would think that someone at DISH has a plan in that regard.

Dish probably has a plan and a few fall back plans depending on what the FCC says about the sale of R-1 and the approval for Dish to broadcast from 129. Dish is probably begging the FCC to quickly approve the 129 move so that they could broadcast HD from a single DBS satellite.

Like some others I have a "500" for 110/119 and "300" for 148. I can understand why Dish rushed to grab Voom customers by getting Voom channels up on 61.5 and that's their first order of business.

All of us, Dish HD customers that have 148 not 61.5 are asking is for Dish to commit and say the Voom 61.5 HD channels will be mirrored on 148 and give us a date. Yes, I know that's a lot to ask of Dish.

If Dish moves the Voom channels from 61.5 to another satelite before the end of the 1yr contracts and we paid 100.00 to have it install do you think we will get a credit.

roachxp said:
If Dish moves the Voom channels from 61.5 to another satelite before the end of the 1yr contracts and we paid 100.00 to have it install do you think we will get a credit.
No. But you MAY get a repoint to the new bird.

mmdieter said:
yea, i agree, we really need to get them mirrored...installer tried to mount my 61.5 today, didn't work...i really want 148!!!!!

I tried pointing mine which was pointed at 148 to 61.5. Didn't work, too many trees in the way :no . Now, I have neither!!! :mad:

I'd like to see some sort of plan from Dish in regards to how they are going to deliver HD content to subscribers in the future. Are they going to let HD package subscribers know there is additional HD content now available? Are they going to provide HD package subscribers (who only have 110/119) access to 61.5 or any other satellites that may deliver HD content in the future? IMO they need to roll something out to HD subscribers where they will provide us with access to the content. Even if it involves committing to 12 months of HD programming at $15/month, they need to provide installation of the equipment (61.5 dish) so that we can get the content.

If they keep playing HD shift in the future, they are going to burn a lot of customers who keep paying to have a new dish installed every time they move HD content around.

I emailed Dish regarding the possibility of mirroring the Voom channels to 148; here's their reply:

Dear Mr. Yra,

Thank you for your email correspondence. I have no information as the channels are currently at 61.5 from the rainbow satellite.

Sincerely,

Mark H.

Technical Support

Dish Network

From what was said at the Retailer Chat it makes me think we should just wait until the MPEG-4 rollout to pick up the new HD channels. At that time they will probably upgrade all our equipment and install the satellite dishes we need for free. **crosses fingers**

mike123abc said:
Dish probably has a plan and a few fall back plans depending on what the FCC says about the sale of R-1 and the approval for Dish to broadcast from 129. Dish is probably begging the FCC to quickly approve the 129 move so that they could broadcast HD from a single DBS satellite.

As I have pointed out MANY times, the 129 is TOO low for the east coast. It is only 20-22 degress out here. It would be STUPID for E* to put them on that bird. 70% of the population of the US is EAST of the Mississippi. The 129 should be used for LiL.

I'm getting a free dish tomorrow, supposed to be pointed at 148 (for Spanish-language programming - no, I don't speak Spanish), should I ask the installer to point the dish at 61.5 (not sure how clear my LOS is), or should I wait and hope that they mirror VOOM to the 148? I guess the third alternative is to re-point it myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)