Only Hank ...

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Last week he calls for all the Yankees fans to HELP pay for the new stadium, like they can't afford it :rolleyes::confused::eek:

Then last night he comes out and BLAMES the NL for Chien-Ming Wang getting injured running the bases, telling the NL to get into the 21st century and use the DH so his pitcher does not get hurt.... Saying that the NL is playing ball in the 18th century.

Only Hank, he become more fun than George :)
Speaking of George, is he still around, he's got to still be in the loop, can you believe has has not said ANYTHING since Hank took over.

I hope he is doing OK and health is not failing, seems odd for him to not say anything AT ALL ....

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3446851

Jimbo

Maybe we should just play the games on Playstations, so there is no chance that anybody ever gets hurt.

What a dope.

As to George, he apparently has Altzheimer's and is under care.

Then last night he comes out and BLAMES the NL for Chien-Ming Wang getting injured running the bases, telling the NL to get into the 21st century and use the DH so his pitcher does not get hurt.... Saying that the NL is playing ball in the 18th century.

Jimbo

I agree with him there, though.

IMO, the National League has to GET WITH THE TIMES!!

I'm sorry, but other than Zambrano and Micah Owens, pitchers can't hit their own weight.

The N.L. is a pony express in an era of air-shipped mail.

I am tempted to say that he suffers from a hereditary illness but that would be mean.

Here's the entire Hanky quote:
‘My only message is simple. The National League needs to join the 21st century,’ Steinbrenner said in Tampa, Fla. ‘They need to grow up and join the 21st century.
‘Am I (mad) about it? Yes,’ Steinbrenner added. ‘I’ve got my pitchers running the bases, and one of them gets hurt. He’s going to be out. I don’t like that, and it’s about time they address it. That was a rule from the 1800s.’

Chien-Ming Wang is a professional athlete on a team that is coached by a slew of minds that are paid to think ahead. It’s not like this interleague play just came out of nowhere; coaches should be doing a few baserunning drills here and there. You know, just in case a pitcher actually gets on base!?

Is it me or do the Yankees have the the most inflated sense of entitlement in all of baseball?

Ban the DH. I'd much rather watch National League games than American League softball games.

The DH should be done away with. It is great to see a pitcher get a hit when it is unexpected, plus the strategies they have to implore late in the game to either pinch hit for the pitcher or do a double switch.

The DH should be done away with. It is great to see a pitcher get a hit when it is unexpected, plus the strategies they have to implore late in the game to either pinch hit for the pitcher or do a double switch.

I agree with you to a point. I grew up in an era when pitchers were players and could hit. Now they are coddled and they don't have to hit. I would be satisified if todays pitchers could lay down a decent bunt, but they can't even do that.

I hate the double switch. You should not be able to change the battling order during the game. If a position player is replaced during a game the player taking his place should have to bat in the oringinal spot in the order. I don't care how many replacemants you make at one time, if the pitcher starts the game batting ninth that's where he should be batting when the game ends.

I have to say as 49 year Yankee fan, the Steinbrenners are a disgrace to the organzation and baseball in general.

I think Hank has a point, if your not used to doing something it can lead to injury, so either they need to go to the DH or No DH for both leagues, OR, they can meet in the middle and go to a 10 player batting order.. with both Pitchers and DHs, as it is hard to take the DH away, and the Players Association would throw a fit as it would take away jobs from some players (and give them to others, but there would be players losing jobs)

As for the double switch, thats part of the game, thats a manager having to work to keep his team going, he is depleting his bench to make it a risky move if the game continues into extra innings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)