Only One Hair Left!!!!

maspain

Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
:no I received brand new 921 Friday. Spent all day Saturday replacing the legacy LMBF with a Dish Pro Twin LMBF. Ran new cable, raised the dish 2' on the house to try to clear some trees and improve my dish signal. Connected everything. Nothing. Started with the error codes: 645 "When comparing a legacy switch & a dish pro switch, there are differences that will prevent this receiver from working correctly."; and error 613 "The switch matrices are not equivalent. Make sure that each tuner has the same switch setup & the same satellite inputs."

I looked on the forums yesterday and found the fixes. I tried them this morning, nothing. I moved the dish back to its original location. Now the receiver won't even boot up. I get the HDTV logo, and the message, satellite in standby, booting...then blank. The system info won't even come up.

What am I going to do? I haven't had any TV since Friday. My wife is going to kill me. I got fed up and called Dish Network to have a technician come out and check everything. They can't be here till Saturday. What am I going to do? Someone please help me!

Unhook all the satellite cables from the 921.

Turn it on.

When you see it says "Aquiring Satellite" (or something like that) press the menu button. Then go into the system settings and do a check switch (yes with nothing hooked up) Let it go through and find nothing. Once its done save it then unplug the unit. Hook up the cables back up and try it again. :)

Good luck and Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US!

Did that, also called Claude at the Dish Store. He has me call Advanced Tech support at Dish Network. Just got off the phone with them. They are going to have someone call me back within 24-48 hours. Still just a blank screen.

Hooked up?

What do you have hooked up to the outputs? (component, s-video)?

Can you at least see the menu screen?

I assume you've tried rebooting it by holding down the power button for 10-20 seconds, and also a power cord reset (unplug for about 3 minutes)?

Yea, it lights up when I unplug the plug it back in. It does what I described above, then nothing.

Start with doing a FULL switch matrix reset instead of the little thing Scott said.
  1. disconnect sat feeds
  2. check switch
  3. pull power
  4. check switch AGAIN
  5. reconnect feeds
  6. final check switch

It's completely dead now. won't do anything. Waiting my 24-48 hours for tech support to call me back.

Finally got to talk to someone at E*. The sounded like they might actually do something before Christmas. OK, how can I make sure that I get a new unit as a replacement? I paid for a new one, I want a new one. Not a factory refurbished one.
Working on day 10 without tv. The wife and I spent all the holidays together without tv. All DVD's used up.

Buler?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)