Oops they did it again....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
I can't figure out what BEV is doing. In the last 4-8 hours I have now lost a number of the even number transponders.

Most even number transponders were looking great compared to the problem odd transponders since they mucked with everything about 4 weeks ago and I lost 7-11-25-27-31.

Now those transponders look great compared to 2-18 and a few others.

I even have a 1.2 that I put in last week for other purposes - and that is a big no go.

There's nothing to say they can't be shifting channels between birds.

2-14-18 are now a mess for me.

Same reason why I got rid of my 6100 and cancelled my sub via broker, for losing most eastern networks here in Cali.

If Bell gets their act together someday in the near future, I will be back to sub.

Probably until the upcoming MPEG4 DVD comes around.. :D

Actually, they have their act together - their increase in HD channels over the past year has been higher than Directv, for example. They are simply serving the market they can legally serve.

No changes to report on 91W in the Louisiana area. Most transponders pegging out the meter at 99% on a 90cm, a few TP's are at 91%.

digiblur said:
No changes to report on 91W in the Louisiana area. Most transponders pegging out the meter at 99% on a 90cm, a few TP's are at 91%.

These are 82W transponders I have lost in the last week....not 91W.

digiblur said:
Not sure why I thought you said 91W. I'll have to swing back over to 82W later and check things out.

Perhaps I should clarify.

82W Transponders 2-14-18 are now running slightly below 45 on the BEV 6000 signal meter.

From past experience, it seems the BEV firmware tells the unit if less than 45, go to loss of signal display.

I had these channels with my Toroidal 90cm, but had lost 7-11-25-27-31 to the same fate when they started playing around.

At that point I had a 1.2M going in for something else, so I decided to see what would happen with the 1.2M.

The 1.2M got the odd number transponders back up into the low/mid 50s.

Then all the sudden these even number transponders fell to their current level the day before I started this thread.

So even with a 1.2m, this is the state of BEV playing with these signals on the extreme.

digiblur said:
Not sure why I thought you said 91W.

Probably because they are playing games with 91W as well. 8 weeks ago all the transponders were working for me. Now a number are not.

I'm not anywhere near you, but the singal strength for those transponders you mentioned has also gone down from lower 80's to mid 70's here/

Considering your location, that makes it even more curious that signal has dropped....but also sounds like 82W has been touchy for you since the beginning, iirc.

I wonder if our West Coast Friends have seen an increase on these transponders?

Signal strengths on many even transponders on 82, including 28 & 30 (I'm doing this by memory as I'm still at work) are right around 70 in Los Angeles. And that's with a 90 cm dish! I think these signals have definitely dropped in strength relatively recently, as I dimly recall these were about 10 points higher a couple of months ago.

When I formerly used a standard Dish500 for 82, these same transponders were around 60, so I suspect that subsequently, they might have fallen off to the point of near-unusability if I had stayed with the "standard" dish.

Of course, I originally purchased the 90 cm dish to receive transponders 5, 9, 25 and 27, which were briefly resurrected for me through its use. Unfortunately, these same transponders (and their corresponding HD channels, including SN-HD, TSN-HD and CTV-HDE and CTV-HDW) are now dead as doornails down here in the southern US.

Last edited:
HDTVFanAtic said:
Considering your location, that makes it even more curious that signal has dropped....but also sounds like 82W has been touchy for you since the beginning, iirc.

I wonder if our West Coast Friends have seen an increase on these transponders?

It was a bit touchy at first but I tweaked it some time ago and got a better signal. Only recently has it dropped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)