OpenBox Problems with Shutting receiver Off and ON(picture stays on}

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tottenville

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I just bought a openbox 10
Problem I am having is when I shut of the receiver with the remote off.
I am unable to turn the receiver back on with the remote.
I have to shut the receiver off and on from the back switch,,,and when I do shut the receiver off with the remote the front of the receiver goes off but the picture still stays on.......
What can be the problem.....Thanks...NP

Welcome to the forum. Have you contacted the seller with the problem. It sounds like a firmware problem. Open box especially S10 do have some firmware problems. I haven't heard of your particular problems but some one will probably respond with information. There is a firmware section here at satellite guys and you can also try wydvb.com this is one supplier with firmware posted. I had a problem with my S10 out of the box It wouldn't blind scan or pre set scan, lucky for me I also had a S9 and dumped the firmware from it and up loaded it into my s10, and it worked O.K.

Thanks I will try the update.
I didnot contact the dealer yet since I hooked the receiver up late in the day...
Kindaaa blows when I shut the receiver off and still see sees the picture on the tv screen.(But the receiver shuts off}
Before I scanned my First satellite I was able to shut the receiver off and get out of the Menu,,buttttt
Still not able to turn the receiver back on with the remote...Kinda blows to have to do it on the back of the receiver...thanks TT

It is a firmware issue. Same problem I had, until I updated my firmware with the August 20th on this site.
I reviewed my success with it on the page where you download it. Good luck to you! There are still a few quirks
in my Openbox, but...its much better than when "new". If you've already programmed favorite satellites and locations
with a positioner, don't forget to download to USB your file that contains this, so after the update you can reload and continue enjoying
without having to reprogram all your satellites, transponders, and positions. There's been extensive writeups about Openbox quirks
on this site, search and read 'em for best enjoyment and information on your box!

Thanks for your time,I thought it was only me lol
I just downloaded a few files and screwed up atads since I was not getting any USA satellites.
But I lucked out on this one S9S10_AmerciaVer.rar
and everything gos on and off well now,,,glad I didnot have to start returning it to the dealer.NP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)