Openbox S9 started having problems switching from H/V

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Hello, my openbox just started having this switch problem and I though it was my 4-port diseqc switch, changed it out and worked great for a few hours and now is acting up again. I have openbox going to 4-port, port #1 to G-box and on to c-band lnbf, port #2 to ku-band side of lnbf, and port #3 to sg-2100 and on to spitfire elite. Worked great all summer, any ideas? If I switch between spitfire and back to 741U is usually corrects problem till I flip H/V a few times on the 741U and then it quits switching again till I go back to spitfire and back again to 741U. Strange.

are you talking my diseqc motor at my 85cm dish? I can't put the switch after that motor, all my lines come to the openbox receiver and the dishes are far, far apart. Not anywhere close to each other. I have a 10ft mesh dish for c/ku and a 85cm ku only on a sg-2100 motor. diseqc switch to switch lines and g-box to move the c-band dish.

Gets stuck on C band horizontal? Meaning the vertical TP's don't work, but Horizontal works? Does the Ku switch polarity correctly?

Yes that's correct until I switch to 85cm dish and back to c-band but it's too early to tell, doesn't do it all the time just started yesterday and system has been in place for 6 months without any problems. Some of the sat's I use with the 85cm only have active transponders at times on v or h so lastnight on AMC 15 I couldn't tell. Need to play more, but was doing it yesterday and last night.

My 241 did the same after about 9 months of operation on my 9200. Thought my 9200 was putting out too high a voltage for vertical. I temporarily fixed it by putting a diode (1N40xx series) in line. I put two chassis mount F connectors in an aluminum box. Diode with a 100pf cap across it from one connector to the other. Marked the, banded side of the diode, as the LNB connector. the other to the receiver. When I replaced the 9200 with the openbox, same problem, vertical polarities gone, unless I selected another diseqc port, then back. I put the box with the diode back inline. No perceivable loss with it, so now it's permanent.

My 241 did the same after about 9 months of operation on my 9200. Thought my 9200 was putting out too high a voltage for vertical. I temporarily fixed it by putting a diode (1N40xx series) in line. I put two chassis mount F connectors in an aluminum box. Diode with a 100pf cap across it from one connector to the other. Marked the, banded side of the diode, as the LNB connector. the other to the receiver. When I replaced the 9200 with the openbox, same problem, vertical polarities gone, unless I selected another diseqc port, then back. I put the box with the diode back inline. No perceivable loss with it, so now it's permanent.
Could you post a picture of this setup?

here's a diagram

Attachments

• diode.jpg
    diode.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 1,743
My original Sathawk from Sadoun is doing the same thing. Won't change switch ports, keeps the 22k on all the time, terrible. I tried two different FW's thinking it was the FW, but I think it just may be puking its guts up.

Yeah it sucks, but I been doing this long enough to know that it happens. My receiver is about 3 years old, more or less, gets used almost daily. And I am not naive enough to think all of these boxes aren't built cheaply as possible. Its just how it is.

that's what it's all about cheap, cheap, cheap! I remember spending $150-$200 on a cal-amp lnb for my c-band dish! Now $25 and I get c&ku + feedhorn. Quality is in the tank! Pay for what you get still holds true.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts