Openbox users, don't bother with the latest firmware from Yojia!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
They call it a "test" version without saying what we're meant to be testing. Piece of crap is more like it. The only thing you could test would be the new media player module, because the antenna setting and channel scanning menus are disabled! (At least they are on my Solomend version, which has worked with any other firmware release that's worked for anyone else.) Even trying to view channels from a loaded channel list is annoying -- it works immediately after boot, but if you do anything else, it doesn't receive a signal, as if it wasn't even powering the LNB.

The reason I bothered to try it is because I was expecting a major change. (Which, other than the media player, I didn't see.) Why? Because they claim that the one firmware file works on the S9 and S10. But it even comes up with the same old S9 menus. I wonder what it would do on an S10? A few weeks ago, there was a firmware release -- which got taken down after a few days -- that produced S10-style menus on an S9, but had even more of the menus disabled than this version does. I can't imagine what Yojia are playing at.

I'm not going to load any (more) firmware updates until it:
1. fixes the timer so it doesn't turn the receiver off. 2. Speeds the blindscan back up to pre-green fix speed.
Optionally it would be nice if they'd incorporate
3. Pid entry via remote 4. Add S or S2, QPSK-8PSK to TP info displayed, and one I'd really like- 5. stream to my LAN. (Remote control over LAN would be the cat's meow)
Waiting to see what the Manhattan RS-1933 does(or doesn't ?) So far the released info, I've seen, suggests it's a re-branded SSO.

Waiting to see what the Manhattan RS-1933 does(or doesn't ?) So far the released info, I've seen, suggests it's a re-branded SSO.

But, the Manhattan is supposed to at least have manual PID entry.

Me, I'm waiting on the new receiver from SatelliteAV (whenever that's going to be...) Too many 4:2:2 feeds these days to get an ALi box anymore.

Meanwhile, back on the SSO front, I got a message on another board from someone who says that the S9/S10 test software works, more or less, on his box. That's just plain weird, I've never found any other differences between the Solomend and the Openbox.

Other than the expanded media player, the new thing in the "test" firmware appears to be the return of the ability to select TS or PS recording -- although I didn't determine whether PS would automatically be overridden for MPEG4 channels like it was in the past. Oh, and the "beeper" and "BER" menus that never did anything are gone.

Too many 4:2:2 feeds these days
really? Most of the 4:2:2 feeds I ran across use to be the old SD sports feeds that the 2 big networks (Entertainment and Sports Programming Network and Fox Sports Network) used but now they use HD which is 4:2:0

Yeah, I forgot about the new receiver from SatelliteAV and the thread a while back. Hey, I'll volunteer as a BETA tester.

Ya I wasted most of my day off fooling with the Yojia s10 style firmware. Too bad it doesn't work I like the menu styling.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)