Opie & Anthony Will Pick Up More Terrestrial Radio Stations

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
From billboardradiomonitor.com: "Reacting to rumors that the terrestrial-friendly portion of their show is expanding into additional markets, Opie & Anthony have all but confirmed new syndication deals for Washington, D.C. and Columbus, Ohio. Additionally, sources tell Billboard Radio Monitor the pair will also pick up new affiliates in Detroit and Rochester, New York."

http://radio.about.com/b/a/257664.htm

Isnt their contract up on XM come oct?? did they re-sign or are they going to go total terrestrial??

I think they had some type of contract extention in the resent deal they made. If not XM will most certainly pick them back up, they will be too scared not to after what the Pest done to Directv.

digiblur said:
When I think about this I still start ROTFLMAO

Why? It was a great move for them and Hoo Hoo Howie knows it.

And no one start with that FCC Bullsh!t. The show has been great since they made the move. It amazes me how people say if a show is on terrestrial radio it sucks but Howard was on it for so long and people still listened and thought it was great.

Hoo Hoo I invented Radio. Were gonna start a revolution. Tell em Fred.

It's not that people say it sucks on old radio, it's that if you're an XM customer and you listen to O&A, you're feeling a little cheated.

However if you didn't see this coming you're WAY too brainwashed because everyone knows O&A want to be more mainstream, and XM is not mainstream...

The Tate said:
Why? It was a great move for them and Hoo Hoo Howie knows it.

And no one start with that FCC Bullsh!t. The show has been great since they made the move. It amazes me how people say if a show is on terrestrial radio it sucks but Howard was on it for so long and people still listened and thought it was great.

Hoo Hoo I invented Radio. Were gonna start a revolution. Tell em Fred.
the show has been a lot better since they have been on free fm. but only because they have been putting a lot more effort into producing a funny show. the only thing that really sucks are the amount of commercials that they have now.

sams0n said:
the show has been a lot better since they have been on free fm. but only because they have been putting a lot more effort into producing a funny show. the only thing that really sucks are the amount of commercials that they have now.

yhea the commercials are pretty bad but on the replays they now have it set up so when they went to commercials they would only play one then it is right back to the show.

For me the good part about them being back on old FM, is now and then my XM drops out on parts of my ride to work, i can kick on the FM get what I missed and then swtich back. I didnt know that they extended their contract, cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)