Opinion Time

If it wasnt true dont you think DirecTV would come out and say it?
If i recall correctly, Directv did say something to this effect. That if they were to pay what the other guys were paying it would stay where it's at otherwise, it's going to move.

I don't see Versus coming back to DirecTV anytime soon, which is too bad because this fight is hurting both of them and thats bad for all their Customers and viewers.
No, I don't really think it hurts either company in the short run, just Hockey and sport fans.

I love how some of you guys love to hate everything I say yet you read every word with baited breath. To you guys I say THANK YOU for reading. :)
I think it's the one sided stance that you tend to take against Directv for the most part. Letting your bad experience you had with them influence just about every report you make about them. It's what fuels your fire.

I think it's the one sided stance that you tend to take against Directv for the most part. Letting your bad experience you had with them influence just about every report you make about them. It's what fuels your fire.

I don't see that with Scott. I think he tells it like he see's it. He's been pretty fair to DirecTV. I have both Dish and DirectTV and I usually agree with what he says. And I'm not a fanboy of either service. They both have good and bad points. Both companies do good things and both can certainly do stupid things. And if you read him regularly (I'm not saying you don't), he doesn't always say nice things about Dish.

I don't see that with Scott. I think he tells it like he see's it. He's been pretty fair to DirecTV. I have both Dish and DirectTV and I usually agree with what he says. And I'm not a fanboy of either service. They both have good and bad points. Both companies do good things and both can certainly do stupid things. And if you read him regularly (I'm not saying you don't), he doesn't always say nice things about Dish.
:up

... and so what to what COMCAST or VERSUS says on record? DirecTV has gone on record as saying that is not the case and that "Comcast is demanding renewal terms that did not reflect market value for the channel but also demanding carriage terms that were discriminatory."

so how are you specifically "in the know" to decide who is actually correct and make such a matter of fact stance? Its because of your blatant anti-DirecTV stance! This anti-stance should take away your reporting credentials; regardless of who you are so anti about. You should remain neutral and only be reporting actual facts. We should all take the wait and see approach as we have NO IDEA what is really going on behind the scenes. Including bloggers.

Well NHL Live had the head of Versus on and he said that Versus was NOT asking for a penny more in carriage fees and they wanted VS to stay in the same tier that they were in before. But that Direct wanted the option to move VS to another tier I would assume that would be a higher cost tier. Now the VS guy did not say which tier Direct wanted to move them to but there is a lot of speculation on the sports tier which if I understand is at least $12 extra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts