Opinions Wanted

rthomp03

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 9, 2004
St. Peters, MO
My wife and I along with her siblings bought my father-in-law a HD television for Christmas. My brother-in-law contacted Dish about upgrading to HD. They came out and installed a 211K receiver and all seemed to be fine. We went back to visit this weekend and I was shocked to discover that Dish botched most of the install. They are in the Cleveland DMA and the Dish installer put up a 1000+ antenna aimed at 110/119/129. Their HD locals are on 61.5! To top it all off, the picture didn't look all that sharp so I looked and the output was set to 480P and not 720P. What I need opinions on is this. I saw several weeks ago slots on Ceil 2 for Cleveland locals, but they are not active yet. What are peoples' thoughts as to if and/or when the Cleveland locals will be active on Ceil 2. I am wondering if I should have Dish come out and install a wing for 61.5 or just wait for Ceil 2. Thanks.

Know your dishes! A 1000+ is to receive 118. More likely you are looking at a 1000.4 dish that gets 61.5. No more wing dishes (unless needed for los reasons.)

You are correct that it is not a 1000+ dish. Never the less it is aimed at 110/119/129 as verified by a check switch.

Software changes have been know to cause the change from 720p to 480p. It's happened to me a couple of time. He needs to check it every now and then.

If they have good line-of-sight to Eastern Arc and all their receivers are MPEG-4, you should have E* come back out and install a 1000.4 looking at 61.5/72.7/77. If they're paying for locals, they should have access to HD locals, and the installer should have known that.

Brad

If they have good line-of-sight to Eastern Arc and all their receivers are MPEG-4, you should have E* come back out and install a 1000.4 looking at 61.5/72.7/77. If they're paying for locals, they should have access to HD locals, and the installer should have known that.

Brad

Unfortunately they still have a 301 receiver that they own, and I'm sure they wouldn't want another leased receiver fee per month, so EA is out of the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts