Optimum Altice One lifetime pricing

Marcingak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
NJ
I just received an email from Altice One saying that for an extra $10 per month I can lock in my current price for life. The headline says A lifetime deal that actually lasts a lifetime. The funny thing is the fine print says this: Pricing, offers & terms are subject to change & discontinuance w/o notice.

I will probably take them up on this offer but I just found the fine print hilarious. Anyone familiar with this?

Reactions: Tvland1
The only prices that mainly go down are for new customers.. Wife and I have wow since 2014 when her mom passed away and we moved into her house.Still using her account that's been active for 19 yrs.. speed was 10 Mbps 5yrs ago..2 yrs ago went up to 30 Mbps and this yr it's 100Mbps...Have to call customer loyalty Dept every yr and they give us the new customer prices for another yr contract..Been paying $35 month since we moved in... plus free cable.still works..lol

Reactions: Marcingak
I just called them up and signed up. It's a pretty good offer. It's new customer pricing plus $10 more per month. At least now I don't have to worry about price haggling every year. Worth it to me.

Your likely good for about 3 years. The $10 extra covers the price increase in year 2 and year 3.

Don’t call lifetime, lifetime if you can’t offer it for a lifetime.

Even TiVo lifetime is a scam as they won’t transfer lifetime service
Yeah, that's what I figured. The fine print says they can change prices at any time but I'm willing to give it a try. We'll see how it goes.

My local telco used to offer lifetime pricing but the downside was that you couldn't upgrade or downgrade your service without breaking the offer. Of course what they were offering me was 512K service and they wonder why they never get any takers.

This is what made me drop dish for over 20+ years. I got everything i had with dish +HBO and my regionals back. only channel i miss is the NHL Network. I get 400mb down internet as well for the same price as i was just paying dish alone. Only thing they can change is Starz/Showtime pricing and the dreaded "fees" for locals and sports surcharge. eww.. the HD on Altice is so much better than dish but i was using an old 722 so that may have made the difference.

Optimum has some serious speed issues in my town. Have had a tech out to the house several time, and they finally admitted that they need to split a node for the whole area, to make speed better. He also said the Altice thing is a complete mess, unless you have Gig internet.

Optimum has some serious speed issues in my town. Have had a tech out to the house several time, and they finally admitted that they need to split a node for the whole area, to make speed better. He also said the Altice thing is a complete mess, unless you have Gig internet.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they sort things out in your town. I've been quite happy with Optimum Altice One lately. I've been with them for a year now and at first I was having issues with DVR and the remote but they seem to have sorted things out after I called to complain. The internet has always been reliable. I have the 200 Mbps package and always get the advertised speeds. I have my computer connected to the box using an ethernet cable. It's very reliable and I never had to reset or restart the modem/router.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they sort things out in your town. I've been quite happy with Optimum Altice One lately. I've been with them for a year now and at first I was having issues with DVR and the remote but they seem to have sorted things out after I called to complain. The internet has always been reliable. I have the 200 Mbps package and always get the advertised speeds. I have my computer connected to the box using an ethernet cable. It's very reliable and I never had to reset or restart the modem/router.

I have the 200, and between 6 PM, and around 11 PM, I'm lucky to get over 10 MBPS. Netflix becomes unwatchable. I've had 3 tech visits, 3 optimum trucks at the pole, and about 10 phone calls, all to find out that their network is overwhelmed in my area. Love the Indian Tech support. They are the absolute worst support company I have ever dealt with. They read the script, and say the problem is in my home, and we must send out a tech. The third one finally said people have been complaining in the area for months, just like me.

My only wish is that I had Fios in my area, and I'd dump optimum in a heartbeat. They are the only game in town, so play I must.

I have the 200, and between 6 PM, and around 11 PM, I'm lucky to get over 10 MBPS. Netflix becomes unwatchable. I've had 3 tech visits, 3 optimum trucks at the pole, and about 10 phone calls, all to find out that their network is overwhelmed in my area. Love the Indian Tech support. They are the absolute worst support company I have ever dealt with. They read the script, and say the problem is in my home, and we must send out a tech. The third one finally said people have been complaining in the area for months, just like me.

My only wish is that I had Fios in my area, and I'd dump optimum in a heartbeat. They are the only game in town, so play I must.
I see. Looks like if there is no competition they get lazy. In my area we have Fios and Optimum.

Reactions: rapidturtle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts