Optimum Cable Offering To Buy Out D* Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2008
My wife tells me that a "residential account executive" from Optimum cable has been checking out my neighborhood (obviously looking for 3 and 5 LNB dishes, at least in my case) and offering to buy out my current service committment with D*.

She told him that I make all of the TV decisions, so I have a feeling that he'll be back sometime soon (he left his calling card). He'll have to jump through quite a few hoops to "wow" me into switching over to cable...much less Optimum.

I'm already in bed with Verizon, so I get a discount on my phone, DSL, and D*. plus all the incentives that I pushed for when having HD service installed by D*.

I'll let you know what this guy "promises" to me, when I finally get to speak with him.

Anyone else get "ambushed" lately? ;)

With D11 coming online soon it would be crazy to part with your 5LNB slimline dish.:)

My wife tells me that a "residential account executive" from Optimum cable has been checking out my neighborhood (obviously looking for 3 and 5 LNB dishes, at least in my case) and offering to buy out my current service committment with D*.

She told him that I make all of the TV decisions, so I have a feeling that he'll be back sometime soon (he left his calling card). He'll have to jump through quite a few hoops to "wow" me into switching over to cable...much less Optimum.

I'm already in bed with Verizon, so I get a discount on my phone, DSL, and D*. plus all the incentives that I pushed for when having HD service installed by D*.

I'll let you know what this guy "promises" to me, when I finally get to speak with him.

Anyone else get "ambushed" lately? ;)

Don't forget to get the figures for what it will cost you AFTER the incentives are over.

Jimbo

No worries...I'm staying put...been with DirecTV for over 10 years :)

Quite happy with the HD service so far...might cancel HD Extra...will give it one more month to decide.

Comcast comes around to my neighborhood every so often and does the same thing.I kicked him off my property when he started lying to me about their service,Stick with D all the way !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts