Optimum Ultra - Who can I Complain to?

jaelae

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2004
New Jersey
Well, I've been having tons of optimum issues. With the basic package of optimum, I drop a lot of packets rather frequently. When I upgraded to Boost - that problem stopped, but throughout the weekend and evenings most days, the cable modem would restart as though I unplugged and replugged it in. Sometimes it took over an hour to come up. Their techs couldn't figure out the problem since I had perfect signal so I downgraded back to the basic optimum package (never was refunded for the days I used Boost, but no matter).

So finally Ultra is here, and they said that some of the issues with Boost might have been resolved when Ultra was being provisioned in my area (I am 2 miles from their main location in the county). I waited the 2 weeks to finally have a date they could come out and gladly payed the $300 fee.

Tech gets here plugs it in and provisions it. However, it never pulls an IP. This is 30 minutes into an appointment (2-5 appointment, this is at 2:30) and he calls it in. Since it is a bad modem and nobody nearby has one, they opt to reschedule it. He wouldn't drive back 10 minutes to pick up a new one because he gets off at 330.

Then the dispatcher says there cannot be a new appointment the next day because ultra installs have to be 5 days in advance which is ridiculous. Any suggestion on what I should do? Or do I have to stick it out, wait for another date and STILL pay that $300 install fee.

ok - rant off!

in an apartment complex so I have to stickw ith Cablevision - otehrwise I would go back to FIOS that i had in my last place.

Are you required by contract to subscribe to Cablevision broadband service?

The other option is to keep calling them out until they fix the problem or make some other reparations.

They won't allow dsl or any other types of installs on the unit.

And that's what I am doing but they make me wait 5 days between appointments in this situation where they couldn't get a modem to work. I try to complain but they won't do anything about it.

harshness - I'll see what I can do. But they are very picky with changes to providers. They wouldn't entertain the idea of Verizon FIOS install last time, but it would help if they complained so we will see.

The tech that was here on Saturday did say he would have his supervisor send someone out today first thing in the morning, and provided me with his supervisor's phone number. I am not holding my breath since I could only get his supervisor's voicemail when I tried to call this morning.

if you have any splitters, check that the one going to the modem is using the split that is -3db. I had the same problem, they check my signal. Said it was all good. Made me switch modems, same problem. The tech came and checked everything out. The installer ran the modem off the -7db split. That was the problem for me. He upgraded some wiring and another splitter and never had the problem again. The customer service reps on the phone don't know a thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)